Schizophrenia.com

I asked my pdoc could she prioritise me for covid vaccine

due to being on AP’s i have a history of low white blood cells (these blood cells help fight infection) anyway i have low white blood cells so i asked my pdoc could she prioritise me for the vaccine…in ireland if you have a medical condition and are aged 18 to 64 you are prioritised for the covid vaccine,…anyway my pdoc would not do it for me…she said it was unethical to string pull to get the vaccine…she said my white blood cells were only low a bit

that is stupid and unfair of her…it would have meant that i could get the vaccine by april rather than july…anyway it annoys me that she would not oblige me…what do you think i should do to try to get the vaccine earlier

1 Like

The astrazeneca vaccine will be approved for the EU on jan 29th. That’ll speed everything up.

In the meantime stay safe.

3 Likes

And wear a mask when you socialize.

3 Likes

Low white blood cells is dangerous and need treatment. Are you sure their count is under the normal range?

2 Likes

There is a range, when I had flu they were high normal. Without infection they’re low normal. Don’t worry as long as they’re in the normal lab range values.

1 Like

i got a blood test done in november 2020 and my white blood cells were below the threshold for where they should be…but anyway my pdoc said they were only low a bit…but still they are lower than where they should be

anyway my pdoc would not oblige me…she said it was unethical to string pull

personally i think thats a daft excuse…i know those in authority would have no problem if my pdoc just gave me a letter saying i should have the vaccine sooner…dont you think? or what advice would you give me to do now?

1 Like

Maybe seek another Dr like your family Dr?

1 Like

@aziz…my white blood cells were below the range. The actual result was 3.34 when they should be in the range 3.50 to 11.00

1 Like

Yeah, I would like to get the vaccine.

1 Like

Talk to your primary dr. They might be able to help

2 Likes

thanks @Pianogal and all other posters

2 Likes

yea i’d talk to your gp doc about it… they will be able to help for sure.

1 Like

Here we call it family Dr. You can just have one at a time.

2 Likes

ah yea, we call it translated “home doctor”, i’m not sure it’s the same as gp doctor but i always assumed that.

1 Like

Wouldn’t you be taking the spot of someone who needs the vaccine more than you?

Sounds like something your doctor is more qualified to evaluate anyway.

2 Likes

I will have the opportunity to get vaccinated - soon. I don’t like it that they aren’t saving enough vaccine to give people the second dose as they did in the trials. It’s an unknown. I suppose I’ll get the vaccine because there are people in the place I live who have the virus.

1 Like

My father will get the Covid vaccine soon at his hospital.
He’s 86 and suffers with a serious bone marrow disorder.

I too should get the vaccine soon.

I’m 56 and suffer with diabetes.

3 Likes