I asked him if we could meet?

He asked me if I wanted to talk over the phone yesterday. We’ve been texting for about two weeks. I just said “would you prefer to meet up in the coming week or maybe over the next weekend”. I haven’t got a response. Did I say anything wrong? Is it wrong for a girl to ask this?

No its not wrong for a girl to ask that. Personally I think there is a natural progression, text, talk then meet. You skipped the talking. What if he sounds like Pee Wee Herman?

3 Likes

No, you didn’t. Nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

I don’t think you did anything wrong. You have every right to say how you want things to go.

Sometimes guys are nervous too… he’s most likely texting his buddies getting some ideas for where and what time to meet.

Just enjoy the talks and congratulations on agreeing to meet him.

2 Likes

This is the free world and free country, a girl can ask whatever the girl wants.

4 Likes

Like I said I am not entirely comfortable talking on the phone. I don’t know why but I just prefer to see the person face to face,.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I like it when the girl makes the first move. It just makes it easier for me and takes some of the
guesswork out of wondering, " Is she interested? Does she like me a little"?

1 Like

He may have gotten busy and hasn’t had a chance to think of a good time to meet yet. No you didn’t do anything wrong and yes it is ok for a girl to ask this.

2 Likes

Good for you Ish!

1 Like

hoping it turns out the best for you…

1 Like

It seems like this guy could be a bit on the timid side - maybe he did not expect to see you so soon.
I think that you did the right thing by asking him to meet in person - good for you @anon80629714

3 Likes

We’re meeting up Thursday. And I am nervous as hell. I have not even seen a pic of this guy.