I applied for about ten volunteer jobs today

And i am bed ridden when i am alone. My counselor said today that if someone with sz tries something, lets say 2 or 3 times, and they dont get anything out of it they will stop. So we’ll see how it goes, i am just getting my feet wet in trying to live a more functional life. Sometimes u gotta put urself through unpleasant things and thats the way it is. Fake it till u make it is what my pdoc once said.

11 Likes

I am really proud of you @Esm!

Great advice on your pdoc’s part.

Good luck, man!

2 Likes

Good luck @Esm!

Good luck!!! @Esm

Thx tomasina and @Wave and @anon54386108. I really dont have the ability to do any activities on my own except nature walks. If i do anything in this life it will have to be something social such as work or a gf or friends.

2 Likes

Yeah good job. You’ve got to try and stimulating yourself to do stuff works well. Good luck and hope you find something to spend some time on.

Something social - maybe visiting an elderly person would be a good fit?? All the best in your search!

1 Like

Thomas Edison quotes

“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
“I have not failed. I’ve just found ten thousand ways that won’t work.”
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to try just one more time.”

5 Likes

Most of the things i applied for were in old folks homes, i dont mind working with elderly, they are wise like me :laughing::wink:

Good quotes @77nick77. U r doing well too with ur job and independence. If i can manage to get by like u until i’m retirement age i’d be content.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.