I am trying to create a new genre (music) >:)

so first of all, i know probably a vast majority of people on this site either listen to or think ill of trap music (modern rap music). however! i have been working on an album inspired by experimental producers such as SOPHIE, Clarence Clarity, Aphex Twin, and strange approaches from within myself. there are no vocals yet, but the vocals are going to be a combination of lyrical, fast-paced, and dark.
this new genre style is one i call “art trap”. i feel it can be more easily labelled as IDM, but considering it’s rap and not EDM, it deserves its own category i think.
i’d love to hear other people share their own music below as well! us schizophrenics create some really unique art and the world needs us to inspire others. i think listeners can somewhat hear my illness in my music considering the utter chaos in rhythm, melody, and layering. i use about forty to fifty drum samples per track, though only half are used more than once. ok i am rambling now but i’d love to hear what you think, and to hear what you guys have yourselves :))

edit: i guess new users can’t put links in posts (even though i’ve been a user since 2017? lol) so um i guess i’ll just type in what to search
soundcloud - flyn :slight_smile:
or soundcloud . com /tronboyflynn

EDIT: Link posted by Moderator:

5 Likes

Good luck with your venture - I’m sure you’ll do great

1 Like

@grayalien I edited your post to add the link to your music on soundcloud.

Interesting music. I like it.

1 Like

Found it interesting, if unusual.

:blush:

1 Like

thank you :)) appreciate it

1 Like

I play an Alesis keytar, mainly use it to play bass along to classic rock, being honest. I do some doodling in Odesi as far as composition and then transfer it to FL Studio to add to it. I’m mainly into House and EDM. Here’s my composition system:

Don’t really have anything to share, however. I like doing it privately, for fun.

1 Like

Yeah, me too. My last try was unsuccessful; I never knew why Heavy Polka never caught on.

1 Like

This is where you admit that I have an impressive knowledge of obscure pieces of music.

:grin:

2 Likes

I was just reminded of this:

Now THAT is a whole new level of intimacy with an instrument.

The thing that scares me is that I liked the video.

I’ll only be impressed if you could find a clip of Lawrence Welk covering any song on “Abby Road”.

Er… Good luck.

You know why his show was taken off the air?

Too much sax and violins.

(See what I did there?)

Ba-da-bump!

:blush:

3 Likes

Wonnerfull, wonnerful.

They used superglue on everybody’s face on that show so they had perpetual smiles… That’s the only explanation as to how they could keep those grins on.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.