I am truly unhappy

Hi, I am unhappy because of schizophrenia and because of my past mistakes, there isn’t a single day that I don’t think about dying, still some things prevent me from commting suicide. I also see myself dying between my 30’s and 40’s (I’m 30 years old btw). If I knew reincarnation was real I wouldn’t hesitate. I feel I dont belong here. I’m going to talk to a psychiatrist tomorrow, I hope it helps…

we have to learn to manage our pain.

everybody has had it in some form.

no real advice though, hope your pdoc helps.

2 Likes

Hang in rhere, I am thirty as well and feel similar, just take it day by day.

There’s a saying

If you live in the past you suffer depression, If you live in the future you suffer anxiety, If you live in the present then you have peace of mind

8 Likes

There are weeks at a time for me that all I wanna do is lay in bed and do nothing but sob — i look at the ceiling and just think to myself ‘Man, I am SO unhappy’ …
I feel so depressed I vomit …
I even cry in my dreams…

Meh. It ain’t no joke when I get depressed :tired_face:
My best advice is to treat yourself.
Eat some ben n Jerry’s and watch SNL …
Stay productive … I know how you feel

Today I wanted to self harm but I took a valium and a cold shower instead. still feeling sad though.

1 Like

Did you speak to your psychiatrist today?

Yes she changed some things in the medication. Hope it works

1 Like

thanks for the advice. I usually watch a tv show or play a video game. Or just sleep.

You’re less than half my age, and I was about where you are when I was 30. Believe me, things can get better. When I was young I felt like life had eluded me, and I was permanently stuck on the shore of the social river. But there can still be happiness ahead. If you can get through this stage things will probably start looking up.

1 Like

I’m thirty as well. And I don’t have a purpose

well, i’ve never worked before and I’m like different from everybody else, they all look so happy and I also self harm and have scars on my body, have hallucinations. So I feel really different.

I also really miss my ex but she doesnt want anything to do with me which makes me have thoughts about self harm.

already took 30mg of valium today, and the self harm ideas don’t go away :sob:

My sister had to tell me in my twenties that a LOT of those smiling, happy people aren’t really happy, they are just acting. Of course some people really are happy but a lot of people are faking it.

There’s an AA saying I always kind of liked: “Don’t compare your insides to other peoples outsides.” I have to stop and remind myself of this sometimes.

2 Likes

That saying is so true for me!
Thanks for sharing @everhopeful!

1 Like

I am truly unhappy because of psychosis. It’s a living hell. I’m a prisoner in an orchestrated nightmare.

1 Like

Have u been on meds for a long time?
It took me years before I felt a bit better, four years.

Just saying that things can get better. Sometimes.

I’ve been on my meds for 10 years

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.