I am thinking to let this guy go too

No, but I’d want to make sure they knew what my expectations were, out of fairness to them

There’s no problem with giving expectations, it can absolutely work. Just what each are wIlling to do, some might have other expectations where they don’t want to tell them. Nothing is perfect, even as a simple weeding process. Mine goes by if I’m guilty by association, I’m better off without them, if they change their mind I’m still a very welcoming person.

This isn’t the problem. He doesn’t have to respond immediately. It’s a problem of mine. As most guys respond quicker than that. But I shouldn’t expect the same of all guys. I feel the problem is , to me , now it just shows a lack of interest. It’s hard for me. Maybe I’m being annoying and talking too much. So if he asks I’ll just say I thought maybe he needed his space and I thought maybe I was talking too much. I am shy in real life so when I talk online I can go overboard.

1 Like

Try not to see it as lack of interest, though. He has no reason to be disinterested. Maybe he’s just busy.

1 Like

I used to have that issue alot, I would be talking to someone and the call back took longer than expected, it went from waiting till seconds after the expected time of response to keep adding up minutes till adding up hours or longer. It took me 6 years and 4 failed relationships, but it helped me get through life. Dont apologise for thinking he wants his space, write it down, and put it to the side. When you feeling you “need” the response, look at it and set a timer, walk away, watch a video or something. Don’t drive yourself over the top for it, just see if you can wait longer. longer gets longer, it helps in the long-term, and don’t over do it. If your not ready to, it’s not worth getting riled up trying. When they repond, that’s where the interest shows.

1 Like

From experience when a guy goes silent it means one of two things. Either he is super busy or he doesn’t want to take things any further. If you are the on the receiving end of this dilemma it can be utterly confusing. It is this mixed message which leaves you baffled and hurt. If you pine for someone you like you often think the reason for the silence is their forgetting to call or msg you when it can actually be that have already shut you out albeit in cowardly way (they wince at having to tell you the truth). I’m sure we’d all agree that if he is uninterested it is most DEFINITELY his loss, not yours. Perhaps it’s appropriate to cut your losses with him if he isn’t showing you attention. You are a beauty among beauties and if he can’t see that leave him to his adoring 9000 intagram friends. It hurts lots but you have to look forward.

2 Likes