I am thinking of admitting myself into the hospital

It is all negative symptoms.

3 Likes

You should be able to go to the hospital. Around here they won’t let you, I think unless you’re a drug addict and don’t really need it

1 Like

Unless you are really sick, find another place to be or thing to do than the hospital. There aren’t enough beds in psych wards to waste on an avoidance issue. I’ve spent days boarded in the ER waiting for a bed and have even been put on a plane with 2 guards to a hospital 300 miles away because there were no beds locally.
That said, if you think the stress will be so bad that you might decompensate or hurt someone then the hospital might be a viable option. Idk…

1 Like

I have 3 weeks to decide if I’m going to go to the psych ward or not. There is still plenty of time to think it over. It’s a special day for the groom & bride and I ought to be a part of it since the groom is family. Schizophrenia is a hereditary trait in my family and there are some members who have it. It seems those family members with schizophrenia are going but I still feel reluctant to go. I’ll see how it goes as the date nears.

You don’t have to go if you don’t want to go.

They will understand. Just say you are not feeling well enough to be in a crowd. No one can make you do something you don’t want.

1 Like

I may be disrespecting the groom and his family if I don’t go… then again the family of the groom knows about my schizophrenia. All the members of my own family will be expected to attend. Thank goodness I still have lots of time to contemplate this decision through. Though, I am somewhat stressing over it.

If my face becomes the missing person in the family group wedding photo. That picture may be detrimental to my family and I.

1 Like

don’t worry about what your family will think…like Moonbeam says, don’t waste a hospital bed for those who need it more than you. You are stable but it is making you stress too much…just call someone right now and cancel that you are not going to the wedding because it’s triggering for you. they will understand I promise. @anon35453467

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.