I am the ugly sister of three children. What were you?

Sounds similar to me, minus the premature birth. I’m the youngest of the 3, with the first born being my sociopathic, abusive older brother, and my awesome older sister in the middle. I don’t use the term sociopathic lightly - he actually was diagnosed as such by a court-appointed psychologist as an adult, twisted f*cker. Neglectful parents, but they both had their own mental issues, being unmedicated bipolars - all is forgiven there. Thank God my sister and I had each other to cling to growing up. My sister is the one who was looked down upon by our parents, and now she’s the healthiest and most successful of all of us.

2 Likes

I was 1 month late. I was too comfortable in my mom’s uterus. Lol :slight_smile:

I am the youngest.

1 Like

The sister who was abusive towards me is undiagnosed, as far I know, but I’m convinced she has BPD. My two other sisters think she has Bipolar. She’s an alcoholic/addict and is a selfish and destructive person. When she was growing up, my dad used to beat her. When he changed his ways later, he and my mom went the opposite way with her and spoiled her. She could do no wrong, even when she was doing really wrong. My other siblings and I were made to put up with a lot. We’re all pretty much done with her now.
My dad had a rage problem but ignored me for the most part. My mom tried to kill herself before I was born and never got help. She went from mildly to severely depressed for the rest of her life… I feel bad for her for that.

It’s just me and my younger brother and my parents never played favorites. They were a little bit more critical of some of my actions because I live a more risky lifestyle than my brother, but they’ve never played favorites

I pretty much cut my brother out of my life 16 years ago, haven’t heard anything from him in over 3 years, and I prefer it that way. My sister and I are still close; hell, she took to me to the ER last June for my most recent hospital stay, and visited me every day I was there, even though it was more than an hour drive each way for her.

And yeah, it seems a lot of people confuse symptoms of BPD as being bipolar, since a lot of people don’t really know what bipolar is and what it is not. BPD does typically result from childhood trauma, though.

2 Likes

i was the wild one :blush: rascals unite!

1 Like