I am surviving just to have fun I guess, not being productive and not working

I can’t work and be productive but all I do is pass time and try to have fun. My friend called me earlier. I passed some time with my my brother and his friend. I am happy that I live with my parents and brothers honestly, if I lived alone I would be lonely and miserable probably depressed too. My social life has taken a big hit from sz but at least I still got a social life. Before sz I had tons of friends, now 3 and I just talk to 1 regularly.

I just had food from Skipthedishes bcz I have no access to my fridge, they’re renovating the kitchen, club sandwich bacon chicken, garlic bread and poutine. It was too much for me so I gave the rest to my brother.

6 Likes

Anyone survining just to have fun as they can’t be productive by working?

1 Like

Sure. You deserve a break after all that schooling you did without getting paid anything.

2 Likes

Yea but it seems like a lifetime break lol

I can’t work either. On disability. I try to keep as busy as possible with things that keep me happy living with this miserable illness. I do try to keep my house clean and make dinner when possible for my husband because he works hard and deals with a lot from me. But yeah I try to do things that make me happy. I don’t have any friends that I really talk to, they all pretty much left when they found out I had schizophrenia… Tonight’s dinner was a frozen pizza because I’m having a hard time and in need of a med adjustment probably but doc hasn’t called me back. Hope your weekend is good.

2 Likes

I dunno, I was fairly productive today since about 6:45 this morning. First I went to Mcdonalds to get us all breakfast. Then I took my dog for a walk to the park. I spent the majority of the rest of the day partially assembling my dads new shed that he bought. Once I got that done, my friend called and I had to talk to her for awhile. It’s just been the last hour or so I am finally getting to relax on the forum. So, I feel pretty productive today for once.

3 Likes

The future is not ours to see. Anything could happen.

2 Likes

Thanks, you too. I rarely cook, if I cook its something very simple like scrambled eggs. My parents cook for me and for my brothers.

1 Like

By productive I meant working, a job.

1 Like

I usually do easy stuff like meals you can just dump in a crock pot and turn on. Not sure if that counts as cooking but I still say I did lol

2 Likes

Productive to society I guess.

1 Like

Well, before I could get a job again I would have to get my sleep schedule under control. I would prefer to better my negatives before that as well.

1 Like

12 Oct I have to wake up at 7am, idk if I can do it as I always wakeup at 9-10am. I hate waking up early I always fall asleep again. I have an apt with eye surgeon, he will decide if I need eye surgery.

2 Likes

I will be on Clozapine soon probably next month as I have an apt with psychiatrist 8 Oct.

1 Like

I don’t have a social life at all. No friends or girlfriend. Total opposite of how my life was before I developed schizophrenia.

That was me for the last 17 years.

Maybe your switch to clozapine will do for you what switching to lurasidone did for me. All the best!

2 Likes

Thanks @Headspark

I also miss having a gf, never had one since sz. I don’t think I can have one now due to many things. It is what it is.

1 Like

I was very productive for my first 25 years in the workforce. From 16 years of age to 41 I either worked and went to school or worked long hours. I worked two jobs a good portion of my life, around 60 hours a week. I dunno. I think taking a few years off is not such a bad thing after developing sz. Someday I may be able to rejoin the workforce but I know that right now I am not ready yet.

Good luck with the Clozapine Aziz.

2 Likes

Thanks @Bowens

I got sz young at 21y.o. so didn’t really have good job experience. I hadn’t finished university yet was in my first semester. Had a few jobs since I was 14y.o. After sz I finished university but was never able to keep a job for more than a month except for the job at my mother’s accounting office, I did data entry., I was on 80mg Latuda back then but had positive symptoms especially at night and lots of side effects.

1 Like

I had sz symptoms as back as 16y.o. but was only diagnosed after my 2nd suicide attempt due to voices telling me to do it at 21y.o.

2 Likes

I can relate in a way. I ask myself a similar question, “What am I here for?” And I try not to get depressed.

1 Like