I am so healthy

i think i am ready to go off meds because i am so damn healthy (i don’t want to offend anyone). i a free from symtoms for months now, i am not dz as sz and my doctor told me i will be ready one day to quit meds to ’ see how it goes’. i am so damn healthy and i love it.
i think at this point meds are making me worse

5 Likes

Did your doctor tell u wen u are ready to come off? Can I ask for how long have you been on ap non stop?

1 Like

non stop almost 1 year (august) and my pdoc told me i need to keep taking them for now. what does she nows? i feel good

1 Like

yea the first doctor told me at least one year. then the other two doctors said at least two years.dont get it

1 Like

After the first psychotic episode usually you have to take the meds for 1 year(i think is only for acute psychosis and not sz or bi) after the second one 3 years after the third one 5 years. this is the standard text book advice. but i think pdocs reduce or cut of medicine based on a person recovery.
what is your dz @anon90843118 ?

1 Like

I had psychotic episode, went to hospital for two weeks where it went away , left hospital without aps, then it immediately came back…went back to hospital …then they gave me aps…so they call that one psychotic episode as my diagnosis. the delusional and hallucination period altogether lasted about 9-11 months or so. how about u? im glad u are feeling good

1 Like

i used to have psychotic symtoms for 2 years, my smoking weed years, 6 moths after i quit i had an episode, i was hospitalized and took plain olanzapine for a few months then quit cold turkey and had a relapse, i think it was because i quit cold turkey that i had the relapse, i took olanzapine again for 1 year then quit cold turkey again and i had the third episode, i was given ■■■■■■■ olanzapine again witch is a terrible med for me and i switched to rispen at the beggining of the year, the best thing i ever did. since then i am stable

1 Like

I’m glad you’re healthy. Good luck and God bless :slight_smile:

4 Likes

thank you. when did you become a beliver?

3 Likes

Crocodal whTs up my man…!!! Are u sure u can go off medication…

3 Likes

How much olanzapine were u taking

1 Like

i took 10 mg. the name of the med was simply olanzapine. not abilify or zypreza. just olanzapine

1 Like

i have second thoughts @far_cry0. maybe ill wait for the doc aproavel ( spelling)

3 Likes
3 Likes

I like that song, you chosed wisely

3 Likes

My pdoc convince me not to stop them yet, a few more years to go.

3 Likes

sorry to hear you’re still on meds. Wish I could stop

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.