Schizophrenia.com

I am here in the waiting room and I'm feeling normal

No wonder why they always say I’m fine

1 Like

It’s comfortable, I feel the same way, I’m way much saner in my pdocs office than at home lol go figure

3 Likes

If you’re anything like me, it’s the feeling of being in a safe place that makes me calm. Knowing that soon I’ll get the help that I need gives me hope which makes me feel better. Just went through this yesterday. Got home and felt terrible again without having properly addressed my issues because I felt positive at the pdoc office.

3 Likes

The blood pressure will always be normal in the hospital.

He said it doesn’t look like I have schiz but definitely a mood thing going on no idea if that means bipolar but he said depression is normally consistent?

So is he tapering you off the aps?

They gave me clonazapam

That’s a benzo, right? It’s good for anxiety, at least for now.

1 Like

He reduced the antipsychotic back down to 5mg as I wasn’t psychotic didn’t need it

1 Like

How much of the clonazapam did he prescribe you?

0.5 mg that seems so low

I don’t think so. Benzos are powerful, 0.5 of diazepam knocks me out to sleep.

2 Likes

Oh wow. Hopefully it’ll calm me down until I see my actual assigned pdoc.

2 Likes

Can anxiety be a mood illness ?

I don’t think anxiety is a mood. More like a condition. But maybe I’m wrong.

1 Like

May be you can invite your Dad along with you on next medical visit? He will then describe your issues to the doctor.

The clonazepam should help you out with the anxiety/stress, at least temporarily, but I dont know why he reduced your Abilify dose down to 5 mg?

I realize that you are not suffering from psychosis, but Abilify also helps with mood stabilization and depression.

You are under a lot more stress and I would think that you need as much medication as possible.

Maybe this doctor has his reasons - im no pdoc, but makes me wonder.

1 Like

If anything I got depressed after the increase so they thought it might be good to reduce. I’m not always consistently depressed though

1 Like

0.5mg clonazepam is a pretty normal dose. That stuff is more potent than diazepam so you don’t need as much. I got prescribed clonazepam today too!

But back to your case I think I kinda get what your doc said about consistency - when I was depressed I felt down all the time - very little ups and such like. Maybe he thinks you have a problem with unstable mood in which case there are meds that help that.

Either way your doc might want to meet you a few times before settling on a new diagnosis. And even then you know your brain better than some dusty old psychiatry textbook does.

Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

I just feel a huge sense of relief today that i am on the path to getting treatment I really need.

2 Likes