I am having a bad night

I’m stressed out and depressed. I don’t have anything to do, and I don’t have anybody to talk to. I know this is a tough one, but does anybody have any advice.

Has anybody called a crisis line. How did it work out?

Only when I was hearing voices.

What’s up? Do you know what’s bothering you?

I’m a little on edge, because I haven’t done hardly anything all day.

What were you meant to have done?

I don’t have anything to do, on the to do list so to speak.

I’m down tonight too. I’m going to call my friend later when she gets up for the evening. I haven’t called a crisis line, but I have called the AA help line before.

1 Like

But you just feel demotivated right? It happens man.

No, I feel motivated; but I don’t have anything to do. That is why I feel super stressed out.

Oh I get it, you want to have something to do so it doesn’t feel wasted?

That happens to me too. Do you have any short term or long term goals that you want to achieve?

Yes, I want to practice the drums again, on a regular basis. I’m too depressed to play the drums.

2 Likes

Have you tried?

1 Like

Do you have anything that can help distract you from how you’re feeling? Maybe a radio/tv/computer?

2 Likes

What do you mean when you said, “it doesn’t feel wasted”.

Yes, I have tried…but I had to stop because I was depressed.

Yes, this site is distracting me.

2 Likes

Can you volunteer? There might be online volunteering opportunities even. You could also join meetup.com and do virtual meetings with other people who want to make new friends

2 Likes

Sometimes there’s even groups for people with depression and anxiety online.

2 Likes

Another way to explain it, is I don’t have negative symptoms…so I am highly motivated to do something. I still don’t have anything to do.

Stop and think… why don’t I have something to do. Don’t want to be a Debbie downer here.

You have to be flexible with others time.

1 Like