I am getting real sick of this no sleeping crap

How many other chronic insomniacs are haunting this board now? Anybody out there with a real issue falling asleep? I’m sick of this. 21 years of insomnia. The game has gotten old. And before you suggest it, yes, I have tried this or that medication, anything from barbiturates to chloral hydrate to Seroquel, yes, I’ve been on it.

I’m up too. It’s 12:40AM PST, doing some organizing around this house. Always things to be done here. Feels like that hamster ball that the more it runs the more it goes around, and around, and around…
Sleep just isn’t the same since I’ve gotten older, I usually feel worse when I get up than when I go to bed, which lately is around 4AM.

Hey welcome to the club! I have been a card carrying member for the past 23 years. For me a good day is 3 to 4 hours.

Glad to know I’m not alone. Just tried laying down for 30 minutes. Nada. Back up, per the pdoc’s orders - if you don’t fall asleep after 30 minutes, get up. It’s currently 1:10 PST and I’m not even close to being able to sleep.

Seroquel has been helping me with my sleep. I often had insomnia before, even before the diagnosis. But this med is really a wonder for me.

I get these horrible electric zaps in my chest when I take Seroquel. It doesn’t help me sleep anyway.

I am so sorry to hear this. Obviously Seroquel is not a choice for you.

1 Like

Don`t know if you are able to mix this with other meds, but when I have problems falling asleep, I take 2 Advil PM tablets. Sometimes this may still linger a little when you first get up.

Have you seen a sleep clinic?

When the :sunny: comes up I usually go :sleeping:

Yep, they found nothing wrong even though I was up all night through that farce of having electrodes all over my scalp. I think they were looking for sleep apnea.

Did they give you much help with sleep hygiene info? Although seems your doctors giving you some help with that, lots of info on the net for it.

I seem lucky with sleep meds as can often just break one in half and all I need. But I’m pretty useless the next day, just so doped up.

All I can say is, make it your life goal to get sleep. I can’t imagine anything so important. I go insane with 7 or less…

Same as @Saphire , 3 or 4 hours for me is a good night…

ARGGGGGGHHHHH!! Can’t sleep again. Thinking about picking up some melatonin.

I find olanzapine helps. Because I have an awful time sleeping, awake all nite.

Hubby and I like this kind. It’s 1.5 mg Melatonin, 15 mg 5-HTP and 100 mg L-Theanine.

1 Like

I too have chronic insomnia. I was diagnosed with severe insomnia 4 years ago. I have tried almost everything. Now I have Nitrazepam, Zopiclone, Quetiapin and Melatonin. Zopiclone makes me fall asleep and Nitrazepam and Quetiapin keeps me sleeping.

I don’t want to get used to Nitrazepam and Zopiclone. So I usually use it a couple of nights and then sleep bad for a week and then start over. I also have something called Theralen in Swedish. I have 2 ml to start with and if I don’t sleep I can have 2 ml more. But that makes me a complete zombie next day.