I am getting more lazy and lazy

The meds put me into sleep,but I am not doing things I am suppose to do,I am getting lazier and lazier each day.Now I spent 80% of my time on bed,last week I spent 90% of time at bed

6 Likes

It can be very difficult being motivated with sz and the meds. Negative symptoms, depression and sedation all work against us and seriously hinder us in doing the things we want and need to do.

It sucks.

1 Like

i have problems with motivation too… i do follow me routines but it’s still hard to actually start doing them.

2 Likes

Me too but werent you better working and playing soccer? What happened? Maybe you need a med change.

1 Like

I have also been in bed a lot of the time over the holidays.

Usually I have to get up pretty early for work.

Hopefully I will get used to it again from Monday

If my parents test positive for Covid, I will have to isolate until next Saturday :-/

1 Like

hopefully they don’t test positive. i’m hoping with you.

1 Like

Thanks @lekkerhondje - will have to see what happens

I am trying to get back into an active mode. Consciously moving around more. For example i lied in bed all day, but in the late afternoon i compensated with a walk. I hope it will last forawhile.

4 Likes

Always get injured playing soccer,when I am playing and not injured I feel happier.I am stuck in foreign country and haven’t worked for one year.Hope I can go back soon,but I predict I will be stress which I hope I am wrong

1 Like

When I was on Haldol I laid in bed like that. Geodon and Seroquel don’t do that to me nearly as much.

1 Like

Hell yea I’m burnt out and super lazy! Hmmmm I got lazy ever since I was in the hotel union local 2. I’ll probably go back to working hard but now I’m super laid back I love it.

1 Like

I can totally relate to getting lazier and lazier. I don’t want to prepare food, which is terrible when I’m so hungry I’m almost sick. I’m never in the mood to clean anymore, myself or my house. It’s very depressing. I’m overcome by dust mites. Piles of crap that I need to go through. For years I was plagued with an abundance of positive symptoms, now, the negatives are over powering me. I was diagnosed schizo affective 17 years ago.

1 Like

I want to overcome this too
It goes a bit with my cycle… up down up down
Seem to not maintain the ups

1 Like

My situation is very good for a schizophrenic:
My schizophrenia is under control, and my level of stamina is reasonably good.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be lazy. I like doing activities.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.