I am extremely frustrated today by my achievements

I am trying everything I can do to get past it. I think I will go for a walk and spend some time in nature. If I tried to make art right now I’d probably just punch a hole through the canvas or destroy all my works. But that would really hurt my husband because he loves my pieces so I won’t. I want to make an impact on people’s lives and make them happy through my art. I’m really trying to express something in the world. I would say one piece out of every ten I make I actually enjoy. Other people enjoy five out of every ten. See the disparity? I’m my own worst critic. I’m not sure there is another person in the world who hates my art more than myself. Perhaps that’ll give me an advantage when I actually sell some. I’m reading a book on loving yourself more. Today nothing feels like it works. Sorry for ranting. Sometimes it helps.

3 Likes

Let’s see some examples of your art.

Well…I guess you have to show your work to others to see if people appreciate it. It might be kind of intimidating, but you might be surprised. I’m sure there are people who will like what you don’t.

I feel you. I too need to love myself more, and everyone else in the world for that matter. I think it is two sides of the same coin.

You’re being really hard on yourself. I think a mental break in nature sounds like a good idea

Thanks guys. Here are some images of my recent works:

I’m trying to be patient and just practice more.
Feeling better now.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.