I am doing well but... quality of life for me stinks

I keep trying but I cannot get the quality of life spectrum out of the h___ zone.

any ideas? do you enjoy your life?

judy

Is there anything you have a desire to do? (as opposed to something you feel that you should be doing)

2 Likes

Keep plugging at it
Keep going
And then one day you will start to feel yourself getting better and enjoying things

2 Likes

I am doing well and the quality of my life couldn’t be better. I suggest start doing things that you enjoy every day. Do several things that you enjoy each day. The quality of your life will improve.

2 Likes

Doing things for others sometimes helps… Like helping with the gardening or cooking for the house. The meds give me very bad headaches everyday and I still have to work… But doing these things on the weekends help. Also reading, movies, etc. being with people helps a lot.

1 Like

I try not to think about the quality of life and just try to enjoy what I have rather than what I don’t…I count my blessings in other words…it can always get worse.

2 Likes

One day at a time. That’s the best we can do with our illness.

Try to do something special for yourself tomorrow even if it’s only going for a walk.

I agree with all the posts about being grateful and having a good attitude about your blessings and I try to do that. Having said that, I also slip into that thinking that my life sucks. I empathize with you. There are many things in my life that I would like to change or make better that are out of my control.

Hang in there! Focus on the good things and the things you can actually impact. Advice for both me and you.

1 Like

thanks for your kind replies. i like the advice you guys gave me.

last night i practiced my violin and enjoyed it so much it took me out of my pain.

judy

Listening to music, expressing your emotions through art helps alot too. I sing with lyrics in my room, alone and I learn quite alot of the life of the bands i listen to. Gaining an interest in people with quality life, can help you keep track of your own and improve yours as well. ‘Never stop the learning process.’ but don’t forget to enjoy life as well… because that really does matters.

i stepped back and decided to try to move out of the u.s. and saw what a hell i’ve been living through. i am sooooo depressed.

i am considering moving to israel. don’t know yet if i can make it there, i.e. a job that pays my way.

i am looking around, only the sadness i feel is to be reckoned with by myself. i love israel, but i almost feel deported in a sense. do you know what i mean?

judy