I am crap at interviews

I am awful at them. No wonder why I can’t get a job.

2 Likes

I think half of the interview is preparation.

Have you researched the company/organization, their structure, their culture, their values?

Why do you want to work there?

Have you analyzed the job specs and how they fit your skills and ambitions?

Can you think of competences you can demonstrate through professional examples?

Things Like that.

2 Likes

Also if you’re well prepared you’ll be more relaxed and it will show.

1 Like

Just go in there with confidence that you will get the job and improvise / be yourself that’s what I do to get hired on the spot.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with interviews but I have a problem in keeping jobs for more than a month.

2 Likes

Did they say they were not hiring you? Maybe it wasn’t that bad

1 Like

They said they’d get back to me by next week as they are interviewing until then.

3 Likes

It’s not necessarily that you are crap, perhaps there are just people that are better at them and more qualified.

I’ve handed out resumes that didn’t end in an interview and I’ve been on interviews that didn’t end in a job offer before. That’s just the way it is.

Keep trying and learn from your experiences. I’ve had similar types of tricky questions asked at interviews. You know the type of questions they ask in interviews, now use your time off to think of clever answers to those exact questions for next time.

1 Like

Good luck!!! I hope you get it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didnt do a real interview for over 10 years when i did the one for my current one. I pretty much blanked out then recovered and barely got through it.
The boss told the manager to give me a chance the manager said later.
They were glad they took the chance.

They didnt know i hadnt interviewed in that long or they would of taken it easy on me.

1 Like

I’m surprisingly good at interviews. If I get an interview, I usually get the job. I just dress nice and act sincere and polite and interested and try to make eye contact and have a good attitude. It’s all in the attitude.

1 Like

I am usually on interviews for jobs where i easily qualify for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.