I am beginning to "see"

I think we will need to be managed some as a group. I will say more why I think this later.

1 Like

Yes please explain

1 Like

Bit of a generic comment? Can you explain further?

We are already managed. Moderators do it already

Your comment really angers me. It makes me not want to explain myself. And that is very harmful to the functioning of this group. I will flag you.

This is what I think needs to be managed. We are now a movement. We are growing effectiveness. I see this truth in several of the recent posts. But also lately I see a profound anger and propensity to want to exact revenge on those who (may have) harmed us over years, lifetimes. The management I was referring to is that we need to assuage our powerful need for revenge and have some mercy. There may be justice, but we need a little discipline of this revenge emotion.
We now need light on revenge.

If this is becoming a movement, I guess I need to step away.

We’re not a movement. We’re just a bunch of people coming together with a common set of symptoms. We support each other the best we can.

7 Likes

Sounds like you’re not quite with it to me.

1 Like

I didn’t sign up to be part of a movement. Just a cool place where i can find support and friendly people.

4 Likes

Do you mean like an advocacy group?

I do think vulnerable people need allies.

I have felt mismanaged in the mental health system, and it’s made me angry sometimes.

Thank you for helping me to express myself. I write quickly and don’t always use the best words. You all are correct, we are not a movement. I think the experts have neglected us and that is coming to the fore. Yes, maybe I meant “advocacy” for one another.

2 Likes

Flag away kind sir or explain lol

This is delusional thinking. We are not a movement. This is a forum. Nothing more. It’s to help you get some support.
Don’t make it out to be some strange thing about revenge which makes no sense

2 Likes

Advocacy is very important. Mental health doesn’t get the attention or funding that it should, and that’s unfortunate.

I think I’m doing just fine on my own.

1 Like

I wonder if my perception is true: I think NAMI started out to be a very good advocate for the severely mentally ill in Americe. But now I think they are focussed on big money and the big pharmaceutical companies.

I have a deep respec for your position. We are all free to think about.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.