Schizophrenia.com

I am a loser

Like the title says, I am a loser. Sure I’m only 23, but I can just tell that I am. I have been working at this dead end job for 3.5 years. I’m a ‘manager’ but that means I get paid $.75 than others to do more work and get yelled at by the owner when something goes wrong, even if there was nothing I could do to stop it… for example: last Friday we were SLAMMED and the owner comes in right as a pizza came out of the oven that was suppose to have no onions, and it had onions. Now I am ‘sheeting’ pizzas like a mad man, we’re backed up for 45 minutes before the last ticket in line gets touched, and then by that time we’re on another 45 minute wait. This continued for 3 hours. Sheeting is when you get the dough fold the crust and sauce the pizza. It’s a one man job and is like 60% of the pizza making process but only takes someone fast at the postion 30 seconds to make one pizza. Anyways, I get yelled at for someone not reading their damn ticket like it’s my ■■■■■■■ fault that THEY did that. Besides work, I haven’t had a romantic relationship in over 4 years, it seems like all my ‘friends’ really don’t give a ■■■■ about me, and I can’t do anything right, like ever. Everything I do seems like it’s setting me back. Anyways, just needed to say all this.

1 Like

I will never see myself as a loser.

What is it that we’re meant to win anyway?

Just give me the solace of being in the company of good people and I can care less for the rest.

3 Likes

I feel worse than that sometimes.
Don’t put your job down by saying it’s a dead end job, working anywhere for three years and half years is a success in my book. Bad days happen to everybody at one time or another. Life sucks sometimes and life is great sometimes.

3 Likes

Sometimes some good company helps, and maybe i’m being paranoid, but it seems like all my friendships are failing. If I don’t ask someone to hang out it’s like they don’t think about me so I have a been a hermit lately.

Very true statements. It just seems like a was meant to be a loser that could never accomplish anything and is laughably forgettable, but hopefully I’m wrong.

I’ve always thought that if I was responsible for hiring people, I would hire fast food managers, because those people have clearly demonstrated that they know how to work hard. I think you have done enough time in this position. Start to agitate for a better position. 3.5 years as a manager is long enough. It’s time to move up.

1 Like

I’m going to school next fall for welding as the school is full for this fall, but that’s still another year and a half. Also I would not like to sacrifice my pay for minimum wage and have a tighter budget until then. 12/hr > 8.25/hr. As long as the owner is in a good mood it isn’t the worst but her boyfriend broke up with her a month ago so she’s been on a war path.

Hey I read ur brief thing about itself and maybe u should look at it again… Last sentence especially… And I feel Ya on the relationships thing… It’s been 5 for me and I’m 26… like they always tell me the right person will come along… If u believe that… If not than ur in the same boat as me…
As for work… U should be proud of itself for maintaining a high stress job in a management postion…that is seriously a n accomplishment! And u have goals! It’s impressive!

3 Likes

If your friends aren’t asking you to hang out and you only hang out when you ask to tag along, I’d ask what allows this to happen? And if you think you are a loser, can you think of a time in your life when you weren’t a loser? Or is there someone you look up to who you can get ideas from?

Thanks. It can be easy to lose sight of things from time to time. Just been riding the struggle bus all day and still haven’t gotten to my stop to get off I suppose. The word ‘loser’ had just been banging around in my head all day. Maybe a trip to the gym will help clear my mind.

Any kind of distraction… Plus if u build up ur body ull be fighting them girls off! Lol

2 Likes

You already proved you’re not a loser by working for three and a half years. Doesn’t that tell you that you may be wrong about other things too? Maybe you’re a winner who is just paying his dues and learning and gaining experience for his future.

3 Likes

My dad, great guy always knows how to help me out of a hole… I wasn’t always a loser just when I became sz. It’s almost like I deserve it for the fact that i’m a pile of crap with it. At least that’s what I feel like.

Well I can’t say you’re a pile of crap. Can you take something from before you were SZ that made you feel like a winner and use it for today? Maybe you just lost something in the process and you can still be a winner.

Man, super solid words. Glad I posted this, you people on here are always damn nice and supportive.

1 Like

Life in some ways must present loss for a reason im not certain but perhaps it helps us all appreciate banging the mighty drums to proclaim the soul

1 Like

We used to say in the eighties, “What comes around, goes around”. It means we will help you, and you will help us.

1 Like

For sure, thanks. I mean usually a day or two after my delusions of grandeur I feel like a complete loser for an additional week, for allowing myself to believe those things, and then compared to those delusions I just look at my life and think, wow.

1 Like

I live to help others, I always try to put others before myself if necessay and I have the ability to help.

2 Likes

Wow? What do you mean?