I am a hot mess

Up all night constantly shuffling to the bathroom. I go multiple times an hour. Straining for a few drops to come out. I am stricken many many times by intrusive thoughts of wanting to die over miniscule things. I don’t understand it. The next day I am exhausted and sleep half the day away. Even once I wake up I feel like a zombie. Completely foggy brained and cannot focus on anything. I’ve been getting migraines every day. I’ve been trying to study for several days now and can barely make it through a single chapter thats how bad I’ve been.

I feel like absolute crap. I don’t know what is wrong with me.

Sounds like a UTI. Urgency without need. Maybe drink more water?

As for the thoughts, have you called your pdoc or therapist?

1 Like

Time to speak to a doctor @Anna .

1 Like

The bladder issues are ongoing but they are not typically this terrible. My urine culture has been testing positive for Group Beta Strep. The first couple times I went on antibiotics it helped, the third time they did nothing. The doctors tell me it is probably not a UTI and that that bacteria is just on lady parts but I have found research indicating that it can and does cause UTI’s and why would antibiotics have helped the first couple of times otherwise? And there is literally no other reason I can think of why it would be so bad all of a sudden. Tomorrow I think I’m going to call my urologist and ask to be put on antibiotics again just to exhaust all my options. I really can’t take this I’ve been fantasizing about having my bladder removed.

The intrusive thoughts have only just started up recently so I haven’t had a chance to talk to doctor yet. I really have no idea where they came from. I am not suicidal at all. But I will have a thought like “remember when I gave unwarranted advice like a know it all to my friend a year ago? I deserve to be electrocuted. I deserve to be thrown out of a car.” I can’t control it.

What are your main meds? It could be an obscure side effect. Did these problems start after you switched to a new med, or have you been dealing with them for a while? I remember seroquel did the same thing to me in the past.

I am speaking to doctors, the doctors don’t know wtf is going on with me either.

1 Like

I haven’t changed my meds at all. I think the feelings of general crappiness and brain fog might be coming from caffeine withdrawal i have been trying to quit after drinking energy drinks every day. It is so hard and I think I am going to give up for now because I need to be able to study for my licensure exam. The migraines may also be due to caffeine withdrawal or may be caused by my frequent use of headache medicine. Or both.

Quitting caffeine is tough, especially when you have sleep problems and school/work you need to get done. You should definitely quit the energy drinks tho. Try stepping down to diet soda, coffee or tea instead of pounding energy drinks.

1 Like

Good luck on your exam! You can do this. What may help more is a plant smoothie and vitamin B complex.

1 Like

I understand. I get thoughts like that and it’s distressing. I talk to my therapist about them. She says that they’re just thoughts and to ignore the bad ones. Just let them go.

I have overactive bladder, plus susceptible to UTIs. I feel your pain.

1 Like

Update I took excedrin (which has a good amount of caffeine in it) and the brain fog cleared up pretty quick so I think I can confirm it is due to caffeie withdrawal. Glad I am feeling better now. Caffeine addiction is no joke I felt like I was on deaths door and that is only on day 2 of no caffeine.

Cranberry juice is good for UTIs. :ox::ox::ox:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.