I am a bad man

I applied for a flying job today. Said I wasn’t disabled and could get a medical. All lies.

1 Like

What would make you do that?

1 Like

It’s always fun to know where you could be in the job market if you weren’t ill.

4 Likes

Was it just to see if you’d get the job if you didn’t have sz?

i can understand with all the foolish ideas regarding it, its like as soon as you say the word your instantly put in a box by others. I don’t say “i have sz” anymore.

I’m the bad guy …

1 Like

Just go with it. Fake it til you make it! :metal:t2: Unless you want to come clean. Who knows they may cut you a break.

I sure hope you’re not planning on actually taking the job. You could be arrested for reckless endangerment if you’re caught flying.

2 Likes

Wait! You’re thinking of flying a plane? Yeah, that’s a very bad idea.

I just wanted to see if I could get a call back. I have been out of the industry for 11 years now. They probably won’t call.

3 Likes

That’s not a bad thing. It’s okay to be curious. You can just say you accepted another offer when they call back.

2 Likes

I started flying again. I probably shouldn’t have. I have been twice in the last two weeks and go again next Saturday. My aim is to get a biannual flight review which means you are safe to go flying alone and carry passengers.

I have no intent on doing that though. Every time I fly I will be with an instructor. I want to get current again so I can get signed off for my drone license. Saturday I plan on asking my instructor how many more lessons I need to get the check ride. I probably just should have studied for the test. It would have been a lot cheaper. But if you are a current manned pilot the FAA will give you your drone license without the test. You just have to take an online course.

I am going to try and get a job flying drones next year. You don’t need a medical for that and it can’t be that hard I don’t think.

1 Like

i hear you,

not quite the same but i’ve been thinking about applying for a local cleaning job but idk if i could do it and i feel like a hypocrite after giving up the last cleaning job, i keep thinking the hours are better though even though i’d need to be there for 6:30 am

is that just for recreational purposes or reconnaissance? lol

1 Like

I don’t really know what drone pilots do but I imagine it’s taking video so you have to operate the camera and be able to use the software that goes with it I guess.

I have been talking to this guy in town via email for the last couple of years but I was always scared of going back to work so I never said yes. Now I have gone back to work but am struggling to keep my job so I told him I would do it. He said in 2020 he might have something so I will be doing it for money.

I have a drone in my garage I have never taken out of its box. Maybe I should fly it.

1 Like

for fun sounds cool, but surveillance idk, sounds like it could scare people maybe, it kind of fuels the whole ‘we are watching you’ delusion.:frowning:

1 Like

Yeah. We have a lot of chemical plants around here. I imagine that’s what it’s for. Nothing residential. He said I would be on the road a lot. I might not do it but I want the option.

1 Like

sounds like how you might do intel on enemy facilities or areas, could be a good tactic too to draw fire and cause distraction in certain circumstances, Are you trying to get back into the army?

I can think of ways in which it may help certain situations,

1 Like

I was in the Marine Corps. I am nearly 50 and did more than 20 years. I am on the permanently disabled retired list. No chance of me being called back but I would do it in a heartbeat if they asked me to.

I thought drones fly un-manned! I thought that’s the whole purpose of them.

1 Like