I added an old friend on Facebook and

Been flicking through the find friends section

All those people I knew at school all seem to have kids and are married etc

Makes me feel like ■■■■

We sure do miss out on major life goals.

Just going to focus on what I have achieved and try not to measure against other people I guess

:man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

I’m 50. I use facebook to keep in touch with people I know. Much of lifes things have passed me by but I still enjoy life. I caught up with some friends the other day. I formed this Wed Adventure club. We get together on a wed ( or equivalent ) and have a couple of drinks and some good food. We change the venues so sometimes we are at someones house…other times a restaurant or club…

My point is. Life is weird for most. My friends are like divorced with adult kids. It’s a weird world for them and there’s lots of problems which I don’t have. So out of five friends I caught up with yesterday. Two separated with adult kids. One still married to first gf. One remarried with 3 adult kids.

Yeah you miss some things but your experience and life has weight too. It really helps if your not doing this alone but things like relationships surprise you when you least expect it. Just keep looking.

5 Likes

I have started to connect with these old acquaintances to see if I can make some friends again as I have 1 friend now

3 Likes

It’s worth it matey. We all carry baggage no matter what your age or disposition. You might have a mental illness but others have other, different issues. It’s about finding common ground.

With the Wed Adventure club. We have known each other for years but just starting to organise a get together has been great. We do this like once a month and have for two years. All it takes is some desire and my friends have just as many issues as me with life…that is all I’m trying to say. Bit different for sure but we all carry burdens.

3 Likes

I never had any genuine friends at school. I know a few former housemates are online. I occasionally check them out. You’ve done better than the average person with schizophrenia. You’ve certainly achieved more than I have.

1 Like

I havent facebook instagram or else ,and iam happy.

3 Likes

I don’t have Facebook or Instagram.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation, I have about 60 friends on Facebook, the majority are old friends from primary and secondary school. I think all of them are married with children. Most of them contacted me to say what’s up but I don’t talk to them on a regular basis, just occasionally I like their photos and vice versa.

I don’t think I ever had any genuine friends when I was in school either.

1 Like

Same here, and if I did have any real ones I stupidly switched them out for fakes smfh

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.