Humans aren't designed to be happy – so stop trying

6 Likes

As we become greater then animals
Greater then our Gods
Happiness will fade away

You’re happy when you’re a child and after that it gets complicated.

Happiness is a lost feeling

I dunno. I’m pretty happy. I think that article was written by someone with depression.

6 Likes

I think it’s saying happiness is not to be grasped it just happens sometimes. And you shouldn’t chase it, rather just embrace it ;). Maybe not…but I can accept that conclusion.

1 Like

So in a nutshell, we order our mind to feel happy? Why can’t we just enjoy feeling unhappy as well? Because when you go to town making shopings you don’t wanna kill people by your look? Naturally we are also haters, me thinks.

1 Like

Everybody has individually find their recipe of happiness.
It’s a motor or the ignition to motivation. When i do certain things I will be happy or doing certain things makes me happy. Like the nonsmokers tell me I am not happy unless I quit smoking.

1 Like

For me the difficulty is in defining ‘happiness’.

2 Likes

When i feel free of my burdens. What i get when i laugh.

I’m generally happy when I’m not at work. Work exposes me to dumb people and dumb people make me unhappy.

2 Likes

I have forgotten what happiness feels like.

2 Likes

Maybe happiness is the abscess of bad feelings. As well as the influx of good. But you won’t be happy long if you’ve never had to face misery in my experience. Then getting rid of the misery you find happiness :slight_smile:

And in animals and nature and relationships=happiness for me.

1 Like

I’m on vacation and feeling happy about hanging out in a different place

1 Like

I hear from some philosophers that misery is a wanted feeling some people enjoy.

Hi! I usually get more gratification (happiness?) from achieving long term goals.
In the meantime i find it useful to forget about the results untill one day i realize i have achieved something.

1 Like

Soo much negativity in this thread. Understandable since mkst of us deal with depression. But its still a bad attitude to believe happiness is a myth. Happiness is a choice. Happiness is not something you make, its something that comes from accepting the fact you only control yourself, and that includes your attitude. You can have depression and have a good attitude. It can be very hard at the dark times, but thats what makes it soo special.

You are your own light in the darkness.

Give your light to other people.

2 Likes

I agree with this. My mom told me this:
“You know, I felt really bitter and sad after you got sick with this terrible disease. However, I asked other parents and they said, “Hey, you’re better off than my son/daughter! My son took all of my money! My daughter started dating a guy that I didn’t like! My children only wanted to steal my belongings and sell them!” And I knew that my struggles are probably just as same as the other parents. So, I cannot say that our family is special. Everyone, I mean, EVERYONE is not happy with their children. It’s just that the struggles are different.”

1 Like

If you have a lifestyle that ethically maximizes the happiness you feel (absent serious vices that prevent you from functioning), I’d say you’re winning at life.

I have a paranoia of happy people that are also MEAN. Weird, but why do we all think that happy people are always also kind?? :sweat_smile:

I personally am happy af! Wouldn’t change hardly anything except that I wish Michael Jordan was playing basketball today, Nolan Ryan was playing baseball and of course the joy of “Prime Time” working his magic in baseball and football :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.