Huh? There's a diagnosed board?

as a lounge lizard I resent the term fluff… we prefer the term fat…because bacon has fat…

1 Like

Mmmm Bacon…

3 Likes

the lord of chickens would eat bacon fat… idk what that means,… I just wanted to reference your epic chicken picture…

1 Like

Does my bacon sandwich love me back? We need more research to save the pig and still have our bacon.

1 Like

hey,

yeah…coming here and seeing the rubbish all over the site pretty well kept me away. Might have a looksie.

My concern is that people with other psychiatric disorders may not know much about schizophrenia and some of them have an advantage over the average punter.

I think it is weird that bi polars use this website but I’m not suprised. Often others are given preference over schizophrenics here…that has always been a big problem with the moderation here. I’m not being divisive. I would just like to see schizophrenics treated well which hasn’t been the case in the past and seems like now.

A friend in the struggle,

rogueone.

There are more moderators with SZ now than at any time I can remember from before, so that’s a plus. All of the current moderating team (aside from @SzAdmin) have some form of MI with symptoms that cross over with SZ. There’s now a forum just for those with past/present SZ diagnoses, which also helps.

I think the main reason that bi-polars hang out here is that they’re like beta fish. The few times I check out the bi-polar sites there were some hella good scraps going.

:grin:

1 Like

Criteria here is they have or had some form of psychosis. Most BPeers here do or have had some form of psychosis at one stage think. Only one exception to the rule and generally doesn’t post as much as they use to. Technically Bipolar does fit into psychosis anyway.

1 Like

Criteria for the SZ forum is past/present DX of SZ or SZa only. Those with SZ-like symptoms without DX are steered into the DXed Other forum.

hey,

From my simple observations they certainly can have a leg up over most schizophrenics. That can lead to problems. Good there’s schizophrenic moderators. Took a long time for that to happen and lots of nice people ground into the dust of the internet.

You can have psychosis from drugs. That isn’t a good thing in my opinion to have punters like that around. It’s not an ism…it is simply put that the internet is full of weirdos…I’ve certainly seem a heap through here!

A friend in the struggle,

rogueone.

1 Like

Before you became a mod the mods mentioned psychosis was the criteria. I also joined before you did . Will have to ask @SzAdmin on it.

Just for the record, I have MDD, GAD, OCD but do not have sz/sza nor have I experienced psychosis. All the other Mods have sz/sza or related disorders.

1 Like

You’re talking about two different things, and you’re both right. You mean the forum as a whole, while Pix means the Dx’ed Sz/a subforum.

All, please try to keep this thread from becoming a spat over diagnoses. As far as I can tell, the purpose of this thread has been fulfilled, and if it descends into sniping, we’ll have to close it.

4 Likes

I agree - diagnosed discussions go here:

3 Likes

I think the SZ subforum fixes most of the problems. It’s just that the bi-polars are inevitably like the folks who dress like DC characters, go to Marvel comics event, and then can’t understand the odd looks they pick up.

@shutterbug

Evidently you get your jollies off by making fun of people with mental illness.

You’re better than that.

I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder several times and once again they said I still present symptoms of it. which I don’t get if I take the meds and it takes symptoms away then they change diagnoses isn’t that just stupid? anyway I kind of get why people with bipolar disorders my brother presents paranoia and psychotic symptoms at times.

I make fun of everything. The last sacred cow I encountered was delicious.