Huge Study Reveals How Often Cannabis Triggers Psychotic Episodes

6 Likes

I read it quickly but didn’t get a straight answer.

1 to 70 percent of people wtf did I read that wrong if I didn’t this is a biased study also what about other drugs like meth cocaine ADHD meds

I’m not gonna go on another rant but I think ADHD meds more specifically Ritalin causes my issues they need to stop hyper focusing on weed and focus on other stuff

2 Likes

Wrong!

It says,“Where individual studies have suggested that psychosis occurs in anywhere from 1 to 70 percent of all cannabis users, the new analysis finds that roughly 1 in 200 (or just 0.5 percent) may experience a psychotic episode, which can involve hallucinations, delusions and paranoia.”

So 0.5% or 1 in 200 can get psychotic symptoms of hallucinations, delusions and paranoia,

2 Likes

Oh I realize now that i completely read it wrong so many studies say 1 to 70 percent and they said .5% idk how i screwed up so badly I was gonna delete the message but I can’t for some reason

1 Like

The 0.5% comes from taking the sum of participants (~201,000) and dividing by the number of participants who experienced psychosis after smoking (or any other form of administration) cannabis.

That doesn’t mean that every person has a 0.5% chance. Some have more, some have less:

[However, “not every individual exposed to cannabis is equally at risk” due to those predicting factors the analysis identified – age, gender, mental health conditions and THC potency.]

2 Likes