How's your exercise routine and diet?

i believe most people here have schizophrenia,frequent exercise,a healthy diet can defitnately help out our symptoms.I have been exercising daily with some intensity for 4 years already,everyday for one and half hour.I have recently started no sugar diet and I feel a lot healthier and my
Waist had become smaller because of the diet.So do you exercise and how’s your diet like?

1 Like

Ya I noticed when I cut out sugar that the weight drops but sugar is so addictive for me to abstain for to to long. I just try to eat alot of cruciferous vegetables now. I don’t try to have to intense workouts but mostly walk. I like practicing control of my body and mastery of knowing my strength and how to use it.

1 Like

What kind of exercises do you do?

I miss walking, I’d like to get back into it because I felt soooo much better when I did. I eat all foods in moderation, and in the past 2 years have discovered a lot of different vegetables to cook that taste good.

1 Like

I do like 2km jogging,200 push-up(normal & diamond),70 pull up and 200sit up,5-6 days a week

1 Like

Do you break the 200 into reps and or do you split them off during the day? I can do 10 one handed on each side but I find form and control best for my interest ( quality over quantity ).

I cannot do one handed push up.I do 25,25,25,25 push up,which total to 100 then do another similiar sets

For a while I was walking back and forth in my room for 2 hours a day and I had cut back substantially on my eating. I walked one hour in the morning and one in the evening. I lost over 20 lbs. very quickly. Then I went back to eating just as much but still walking. I didn’t gain any weight back. Then I cut my walking back to 30 min. in the morning and 30 min. in the evening. All that walking made my legs stiff, and it took up a lot of my time, not that I had a busy schedule. I don’t think I’m gaining weight. If I do gain weight I might go back to walking two hours a day. I still need to lose weight. I’m at 215 lbs now, which is substantially overweight for me. 175 lbs is my best weight.

You need to make sure you do sit-ups with proper form. I did a lot of sit-ups when I was growing up, and it made me very slow on my feet. Sit-ups can do that to you if you don’t do them right.

1 Like

I noticed a very small improvement in negative symptoms with exercise. I don’t think it was very helpful, just minimally.

1 Like

I love to exercise and am trying to get more into it. I am also signed up onto weight watchers program only I only lost 5 lbs. so far.

my life’s problems always loomed large in my mind. must be the sz. this keeps me eating sugar to be satisfied with life, and it slows me down in every way incl. exercise.

judy

1 Like

Right now I walk once every 7-10 days for about 6 miles. I’d like to do this 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I will do a longer walk, then a shorter walk later in the week.

I think cardio is what is best for me now. My muscular development is pretty much at its genetic limit. I bodybuilded for nearly a decade and even did a prohormone cycle when I was “peaked” genetically to see what going beyond genetic restraints would look & feel like. I just did one cycle, and sad to say I didn’t need it. It just swelled up my muscles and I ended up looking too bulky.

So yeah, just exercise walks - one long walk, one short walk, every 7-10 days. Diet is spot on, always healthy, unless my Mother or family invites me out to a meal or something.

1 Like