How you made new friends after onset?

Online or offline. Apparently this post needs at least 20 characters :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, lots. All of them are crazy.

1 Like

Many new friends. Some are professional colleagues, some are people who are active in the same hobbies I am, and I met some through volunteering.

1 Like

I made some in rehab and some at church in the past. Caught up with some old friends from secondary school and met new ones through my old connections. The new normal ones didn’t talk much to me though.

I’m tight with half a dozen people I’ve known since highschool. I meet new people all the time at the Cricket Club and in life. My friends were mostly there when I went psychotic. I annoyed the hell out of a couple but they stood by me. You have to love that but I’m unusual to most in that I’m mega social. I like other people and I like talking.

4 Likes

I have zero friends in real life

Like to think some people here like me, but never sure or not

Prefer online relationships, but I do recognise this is something I also need IRL as well

2 Likes

I lost my best friend who is now a cardiologist because of stopping my meds, I insulted him after he told me to get back on my meds. We were best friends since I was 10y.o.up until I was 26y.o., now I am 31. I contacted another presz friend later and he hooked me up with new friends. Then I stopped talking to that presz friend but kept my new friends.

But honestly these new friends aren’t as smart as my presz friends, they have no mental or physical illness though. Not saying they’re bad, they don’t do drugs, they work etc but I just feel smarter than them. One is an antivaxxer and annoys me by talking bad about covid vaccines. I prefer my presz friends as they were more successful in life.

1 Like

Mate, I’d be having you over for tea constantly if you were local to me.

2 Likes

I respect you a lot @shutterbug

Never will forget your input into my recovery when I came here in 2015 without a clue about meds or the illness

Your intervention in your previous incarnation helped me greatly fight for better treatment options.

You didn’t have to do that, but it was a real turning point in my recovery

Can’t thank you enough

1 Like

No thanks needed, ever. Also, please know that I hold you in high regard. Pretty sure you can do anything you set your mind to.

:heart:

1 Like

I’ve made a couple new friends offline. Some of them probably dont want me writing about them.

1 Like

Sports mostly. Facebook groups for biking meetups.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.