How would you feel about having an open house at your house to introduce yourself to neighbors

Sounds awkward a f.

I REALLY like the idea of not being a stranger to these people I see every day. But I feel like there’s gotta be a better way than having god knows how many people go through my house. AND having to socialize…

Truth is I probably should. My neighbors and my parents BOTH suggested it.

If I don’t I’ll probably be a permanent visitor to these peoples community. And I don’t want to feel that way

What would you do?

3 Likes

Probably is not the kind of thing where afterwards you wish that you hadn’t.

1 Like

Just talk to your neighbors when you see them outside…no need for an open house thingy.

2 Likes

i would hate it =/

1 Like

You don’t have to have a big open house event, chances are they are busy with their own lives and couldn’t all make it on the same date and time you hold it.

Just go door to door and introduce yourself as their neighbour.

2 Likes

I think having an open house is a great idea. Serve something good and simple and get to meet new people. :blush:

1 Like

I wouldn’t let them inside until you know the type of people they are.

As an alternative bake some cookies and bring them over as an ice breaker to say hello.

I’d be worried about getting ripped off then or later if you have nice stuff.

2 Likes

I would not feel comfortable having an open house myself. Too many people for me. Sounds like a job for a very social person, which most sz are not.

1 Like

I think its too much, start by talking to them and knowing them. Also you can sit together at the front porch. Thats what I do with my neighbor. Before covid he used to come inside to chat or repair stuff in our house, he’s handy but I help him with computers and technology in exchange.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I’m can be social, but not for very long.

‘After a minute, minute-and-a-half, I need to get the **** out of there.’ -George Carlin

You see a person when out and about say hi or wave. If that leads to a conversation introduce yourself. I’ve neighbours here I’ve never spoken too and we just do our thing…It’s the modern world. Yes. I am a social person and I’d like that but I’ve friends and family and too little time…if you’ve time then yes. Introduce yourself to your neighbours but do it without stress.

2 Likes

Nope. I don’t want anyone in my apartment building to know I exist.

1 Like

I get on well with all my neighbours - but im arsed if i would invite them in. I respect their privacy and they respect mine.

Apart from taking in the odd parcel for them, i never see them.

1 Like

I’d rather have a garden party but most people keep to themselves, I talk to a few of my neighbours and i help out in my garden (its a communal garden) I’m the only one who tries to maintain the garden so my neighbours should be grateful.

1 Like

That’s how I feel.

But I guess something is different here. Idk.

Anyway: I’ve decided against having an open house thing

2 Likes

Thats probably the right move. There has to be a better way than just letting everyone walk around and look at all your stuff lol

Have an Open House…

And when your neighbors ring the doorbell, you and your girlfriend answer the door with no clothes on and tell them the boiled cow testicles are almost ready for dinner.

1 Like

There’s probably a girl in town willing to do that.

Boiled cow testicles might be tough tho …. I might get some weird looks asking where to get my hands on ‘cow testicles.’

2 Likes

Believe it or not - i can get those from the local village Butcher, no chance you will find them in the supermarket.

Think “stringy dumplings”. They are nothing special.

1 Like

It’s probably a cultural thing but there’s no way I would do that and I don’t think I know anyone that would. Sounds like torture. I would laugh if someone suggested it to me.

I also have never and will never knock on anyone’s door to introduce myself and would be really weirded out if someone did that to me.

1 Like