How was your weekend?

Mine has been pretty good. I didn’t do much yesterday except wash dishes and make dinner, and the only productive thing I’ve done today is take the trash out, but that’s okay. Eventually I will take a shower, so that will be two things. Right now I’m watching The Interview, hilarious movie.

6 Likes

Fell off the wagon. Made it almost five weeks without a drop of alcohol. Drank 6 beers yesterday and 6 today. Gonna try to get an AA sponsor, dunno if going to meetings is enough. I hate struggling with addiction

4 Likes

not too bad. Just fine and boring.

I love driving, went for a short drive and bought some groceries.
and now rotting in misery and having some soup. ;(

1 Like

sorry to say I work on sunday, I spit three truck loads of fire wood, and go paid. came home and now I’m hurting like …

4 Likes

In a house with some friends watching TV and talking, and today so depresive and doing nothing… :+1:

Mine was lonely and boring.

2 Likes

Not so good. Feeling paranoid.

1 Like

Yeah, AA takes a commitment. A lot of people struggle with having one foot inside the program and one foot out. Yes, you are right. There is a lot more to recovery in AA than just going to meetings. Working the 12 steps with a sponsor for instance. Sharing in meetings.

3 Likes

What weekend?
You mean it’s practically over?
Saw the Blue Angels fly over our house, man are they fast!

5 Likes

Flooded in again. Last weekend it was a flash flood. That is common where I live. This weekend the lake is higher than it has ever been. From my driveway going out the main way. I can only go one tenth of a mile. The other way half a mile.
They say the lake is 107% full. A small part of my land is in the lake.
Walk out to the highway yesterday. The water was about 3 feet deep. While I was walking through the water I was thinking swamp of doom.
Today I went canoeing in the hay field. Then I squeeze between the trees and went canoeing in the woods over by where the river would be.
Saw a big Black Snake, a Gar, a Bald Eagle and a Water Moccasin in that order. It has been a nice quiet weekend. Summer will be here and there will be no more quiet weekends.
Lake is going down I may be able to get out by Tuesday. I sure could use some milk.

4 Likes

I applied to a transcription job for some supplementary income, met with an old professor about a recommendation letter, wrote up an analysis of a friend of friend’s natal chart as a favor, and saw some other friends and met their new really cute baby.

On the downside, I sort of picked up smoking again these last couple weeks and have been drinking more than usual. Going to try to reign that in this week. Transition to an e-cig and hopefully cut it all out soon. Also didn’t get around to doing the dishes.

1 Like

I did something productive. I took a shower. Not on the weekend but on Monday. That’s the second shower this week. I’m proud of myself.

1 Like

it’s good you still enjoyed yourself outside, despite the flash flood.

1 Like

Flash floods come and go. This is the first time I been flooded in by the lake. I still can’t get out the main way, but I can get out.
Yesterday I got out, put my muffler under water to do it. Today I think I can get out without doing that again.
I admit I love where I live.

4 Likes

Not so good but next weekend I am planning to go for swimming with my girlfriend.

1 Like

Where do you go swimming with your gf?
The ocean, maybe a lake? A favorite swimming pool?