How was schizophrenia created?

I think sz is just how the brain malfunctions and it has a 1% failure rate by design. By that i mean theres probably more than one way and more than one region in the brain the failure can occur but the actual functional properties keep that at 1/100. Evolution of the brain might not be able to change the basic way the brain works and how it goes wrong.

1 Like

A large portion of schizophrenics don’t manifest their symptoms until mid twenties. In the past most would have had children by that age thereby passing on their schizo genes.

1 Like

Im reluctant to conclude my sz is genetic because nobody in my family has sz and my sz is a episodic illness. Well atleast the psychotic episodes are. So i wonder how if i have bad genes why they only cause sz sometimes like every two years on average. Sure genes control almost everything but i think environmental causes like stress or stimuli that cause brain activity cause me to over produce brain chemicals. I think my brain is damaged somehow.

2 Likes

Same here, no one in my family tree, that I know of, has schizophrenia. I think mine is environmental but I can’t be certain either way.

1 Like

@anon84461028 @Headspark

We cant be sure if sz is all genetics but genes can be inactive in our parents and they become active when they are with other certain genes from both parents. Or it could also be an environmental factor + genes, like smoking weed. Whenever I smoke weed I become psychotic but my friends did not. Some of them left me bcz they saw me become really crazy when I was high on weed with them.

2 Likes

I said really inappropriate and nonsense stuff, also became mean to them.

1 Like

weed has an unusual effect on me doesnt really make me psychotic though

1 Like

I read somewhere that there are certain genes that make ppl go psychotic from weed, maybe you don’t have these genes.

1 Like

it affects me differently for some reason that’s why i say its not genetic but that my brain is broken somehow.

2 Likes

Maybe it started through bad circumstances with people and they got sz, and then the same people had kids.

1 Like

They’re probably useful in the right amounts or combinations, so they persist. Those of us with SZ had the dice come up Snake Eyes.

1 Like

without knowing much about it I sort of agree. people can argue over semantics, but great things have come from people who suffer from “insanity” or are mad. now calling schizophrenic we seem to lose all our power. the pharmaceutical movement is all about keeping us kept in a corner locked away from the world. schizophrenics have small brains, is what I read once. they insinuate were stupid while at the same time it’s as if we’re the ones being aware of the psychotic break we’re all having. what’s worse, having a psychotic break and not being aware of it or that of realizing it?

1 Like

I think that sz/sza are all both genetic and environmental. Almost everyone in my family has some type or another of a major MI. Which suggests to me that all the major MI’s are closely related.

For instance, my Mexican grandmother was very paranoid and talked 100 miles a minute. She was never diagnosed. My Mexican father was very paranoid, physically, mentally and sexually abusive to his kids, full of rage, and like a bomb ready to blow any moment. He was never diagnosed either.

I was very paranoid, hallucinatory and delusional, with mild highs and very extreme suicidal lows that necessitated revolving door hospitalizations for many years. I was diagnosed sza bipolar type.

My sister (who acts manic), is nevertheless diagnosed with situational depression. She insists that’s all it is. If she gets depressed enough though, she hears voices,so, idk.

My own son came down with paranoid sz at the age of 21. He had all the severe classic signs. He was hospitalized for 9 months in a state hospital and stabilized. He was fine for 5 years and then his psychosis returned worse than ever. He endured it for 4 years until he couldn’t anymore. He took his own life at age 30.

My brother suffered from severe, neurotic depression.

My niece has bipolar type 1. My grand niece was diagnosed sza at age 6.

My white grandfather suffered from major depression before his death.

You see almost all the major MI’s are represented in my family. Which can only mean that they are all closely related.

2 Likes

I must say- Schizophrenia is a brain disease “And I have learnt it.” Now normal but for precautions taking meds.

1 Like

I’m sure sz has been around a long time, people with it thousands of years ago were visionaries and stuff like that probably, might explain all the human sacrifice and weird shite in the past history of the world, one person was delusional and hallucinating and everyone just listened to them, now we’re medicated and outcasts chatting on a forum.

3 Likes

It came from a stork. He would deliver schizophrenia to everyone’s doorstep.

Or wait maybe that’s where babies come from

:turtle::dash:

1 Like

I read in a weird book a long time ago that SCZ rarely get cancer. I don’t know if it’s true or not but here’s some evidence in support

3 Likes

I read somewhere that schizophrenia isn’t caused by a single gene but a variation of genes that interact. Why it’s so hard to pinpoint which genes are causing the illness.

1 Like

I haven’t reproduced well, but my siblings have.

Maybe the siblings of schizophrenics are just a little more intelligent and more creative than the norm.

I mean, I have schizophrenia, and my siblings do not. But we share a lot of similar genetic material.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.