How to treat schizoaffective without psychiatric meds?

Does anyone know how to treat paranoia and delusions of persecution naturally without any psychiatric meds? Ive tried like 11 different meds and they all make me suicidal.

1 Like

I doubt anyone here is certified to offer medical advice online. Trying to go without medication is dangerous. I know, I tried all the natural stuff out there. Only thing that helped even a little was DMAE supplements. You could try those, but talk with your doctor and express your fears.

I’m supplementing Niacin, which studies show can actually heal brain injuries, and it’s reducing my head pain gradually, but I still need a max dose of Paliperidone (12 mg) and a low dose of Abilify (2 mg) to function.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that it heals broken noodles. I have crap circulation and use niacin to get a bit of a boost there. I also love a good niacin flush.

1 Like

Here’s a study on rats given brain injuries, who performed better over time when given Niacin:

Hot damn. I was treating myself for a TBI (wicked concussion) some years back and didn’t realize it!

:heart:

2 Likes

Have you tried abilify or vraylar or rexulti ? They act in a different way to other APs.

I’m on abilify 15mg now. 5mg made me suicidal but 10mg worked fine. So it could be a dose issue too.

1 Like

Not to recommend it, but I became a chain smoker and used nicotine replacement when my paranoia was really bad. The nicotine also helped with a lot of auditory hallucinations and delusions like thinking there were hidden messages. There was talk some time ago about developing sz drugs based on nicotine but I don’t know what ever became of it.

2 Likes

Nothing; maybe electroconvulsive therapy; not even meds can completely fix them in everybody.
But you can cope a little better with them using benzos and CBT.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.