How to plan your novel

4 Likes

I’d rather be able to plan a novel… haircut. I’ve been sporting the same basic crew cut for years now.

2 Likes

I always wanted to write a book :books: up until quite recently. Now for some reason I have lost the desire.

1 Like

this is a really good article! I am getting back into reading more, and listening to audiobooks. Im very distractible… cohesion is hard for me when writing stories. also, creating characters that arent 2 dimensional…would love to learn to really craft a fiction series.

1 Like

They used to have an app called Dragon Dictation where a person could speak or narrate a story, it would be translated into both an MP3 and a word file…speech-to-text. I think thats where I would start with if I were to create a novel…

2 Likes

I did write a couple of short stories after coming down with sz. Shockingly, none of them in my mother tongue. One in French and three in English. Maybe I’ll publish a collection some day.

1 Like

I would definitely love to read your writing or if you publish them.

1 Like

How about I publish the shortest one here? Or the second shortest one, whichever isn’t potentially triggering? Provided I’m able to find it.
@firemonkey do you mind if I hijack your thread?

1 Like

Here it is.

Of course not. 1515

1 Like

I just wrote the story as it came to me. I don’t do outlines or any of that.

2 Likes

Usually, I try to at least get the plot down before I start writing. While I’m typing out the story, I think “this is awesome.” Then later on, I’ll go back and read what I wrote and think “this is boring as hell.” Oh well. I’m also pretty bad at coming up with endings for my stories. Still, it’s a pretty enjoyable hobby.

1 Like

I think the best way to write and get readers is to enjoy writing, and really have a story to share…not just write for the sake of writing…it does take effort and skill to stretch the imagination…also I think I need to find topics that are more fun or popular. I love fantasy stories, like Harry Potter or LOTR, Game of Thrones. I’ve read some Stephen King but those novels get stuck in my head–are sometimes too disturbing for me…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.