How to move provinces with disability benefits?

I’m on AISH, I’m visiting bc and want to move here. How do I do this? I’m not on CPP-D. Expanding > how do I do this without going broke paying for meds out of pocket and not having any money because as soon as I “move” AISH stops. How do?

In the US, you can keep medicaid in one state until you transfer to medicaid in another state, but you have to do so within 30 days of moving. I assume it is a similar process. Could a caseworker advise you?

If you’re on CPP-D with the top up from AISH, the CPP-D is federal and will not be affected by the move. Your AISH will end when you leave Alberta and you’ll need to apply for and then be approved for the equivalent disability program in BC, which I don’t know the name of. You’ll have to jump through all of the hoops and see all of the doctors again in BC. Make sure you keep all of your documents/assessments from Alberta to expedite the process.

Please be aware that AISH isn’t just $$$, it’s your health, dental, and vision benefits. You lose those when you move as well.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.