How to make people happy

No, being myself is laughing at the ‘humour’ in Dexter and pointing out that Big Bang Theory is the province of simpletons who only wish they were geeks. I may be thinking like myself, but I can (mostly) refrain from acting like myself. All bets are off when I’m stressed.

Edit: In any case, it’s enough to make others happy. Or comfortable enough around you that they let you play reindeer games.

Pixel.

Then that is you.

You think like yourself and you refrain sometimes.

Thats you.

One can never not be themselves.

Progress, not perfection, pixel, right?

1 Like

Ah, but one can change themselves. Prune off the bits they don’t want. I used to have so much rage about my childhood I had the biggest UHaul truck available on permanent lease. God forbid I shouldn’t carry around that rage and hurt and not have it instantly available to display to others. Heaven knows how many Step 7’s later, I’ve managed to reduce all the rage and hurt to what fits into a single piece of carry on luggage. On the good days I go out and leave it at home.

Those who knew me twenty years ago are blown away to see me now. The word ‘serenity’ is occasionally invoked, which is amazing as hell if you saw what I was like just after I sobered up and the SZ hit. The rest of the world is so lucky I didn’t get my hand on the U.S. prezident’s ‘football’ back in those days. I totally would have spanked the LAUNCH button.

Pixel.

Ding. There was only one perfect guy and what they did to that poor ■■■■■■■ is a marvelous deterrent to the rest of us.

Pixel.

1 Like

Bud , PERHAPS ,

For Such An Individual Who Canno Alter Ones Own Egolistical Tripping and Such ,

Well There Ya Go ,

Some Jus Expect and Perhaps Receive More Then They Should ,

and They Know Thus ,

Hence Why They SO CAHRAIZEE (!!!)

Forget about making anyone else happy. I want to make MYSELF happy. Once I’m happy I will spread it around.

1 Like

But one can gradually change oneself. Take it from a former alkie and druggie who cleaned up and grew up.

You don’t want to change even though you can change.

Suggestion: Take all of the energy you invest into wanting to end your life and spend a year using it to improve your life instead. You can always end your life, but that’s permanent. Would be better to try improving it first.

I wound up at my first AA meeting because I was flipping a coin to decide between going to a meeting or throwing myself under a light rail transit train. Heads, meeting. Tails, train. After the third time the coin came up heads I figured I’d just try the damn meeting and I could always come back to the train a week later if it didn’t work.

Never went back to the train. I found something that worked for me. I’m sure there’s something out there that would work for you, if you’d let it.

Pixel.

1 Like

Trooooooooooooooooooth. Self-improvement, like charity, starts at home.

:heart:

Pixel.

@pansdisease You start with little changes and graduate to bigger changes. It does not happen overnight and you may fail but what have you got to lose? Like Dr. Phil says on a lot of shows, “How is what you are doing NOW working for you”?

1 Like