How to improve a second language if you have no one to talk to?

That’s my problem for Russian and English I have no one to talk to so I am very good at reading and listening but my writing and speaking skills are atrocious.

1 Like

I think it may be impossible to improve these skills if you have no one to talk to.

I had the same problem for my Spanish practice for 50 years. And then, last year, I started using WyzantTutoring.com and got a private Spanish tutor. As a result, my Spanish speaking skills have improved exponentially.

I also study Spanish on Duolingo.com as well and I’m having so much fun with it all.

I also subscribe to and read People magazine in Spanish.

3 Likes

Listening and hearing is the hardest part. I would watch movies and listen to radio talk shows. Maybe childrens shows. They speak slower.

I barely speak 2 other languages without practice. My main is English.

2 Likes

i use deezer. i listen to music viewing the lyrics.

1 Like

I did the full course of Spanish on duolingo. It was pretty helpful.

3 Likes

Wow! Thats amazing! Did you do the Spain or Latin America version? I’m doing the Latin American version.

2 Likes

Sing a long with the music of the foreign language. I think you can talk to Google in several languages as well. I never tried it. I am still struggling learning english and my motherlanguage german.

1 Like

Я немного выучил русский на Duolingo I did the full Duolingo English course in 2014 it is a very good page there was the three hearts system at that time and a forum I feel old now.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with your written English. May I ask what’s your first language?

My first language is Spanish Chilean Spanish to be exact

1 Like

Chilean Spanish? You mean hueva and huevón in every second sentence? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t speak like that “flaites” speak so :joy:

Pity, you can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. :wink:

1 Like

Hermano cachai esa wea? :joy:

1 Like

They say we don’t speak Spanish…

1 Like

My first language was German and I was fluent.

I forgot it unfortunately but want to relearn it but there are no courses around me.

I forgot all German.

I speak Swedish and English but I want to speak German again.

Online courses are difficult to come by and expensive and don’t seem good.

1 Like

Have you tried Duolingo?

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip.:slightly_smiling_face:

I have not tried it but can hopefully look into it.
I can’t afford it right now but hopefully in the future.

2 Likes

I suggest using the PC version it is free you don’t have the heart system you can make as many mistakes as you want.

1 Like