How to have a good holiday?

When it feels like you have no one?

I’ll be spending it with my mom this year and all we have is eachother. I do have one friend who invites us out to dinner with his family sometimes but I’m too ashamed of myself plus I’m not comfortable around large crowds. I used to go to his house sometimes but I’m still in recovery from last years break. We’re a lonesome family my mom and I. She has a lot of health issues and doesn’t believe in medication so sometimes I can impatient with her but I love her and try to support her as best as I can.

This year I bought an expensive roast beef with some corn tortillas because it reminds us of her little hometown in Mexico. My grandmother passed away this year and my mom and I really miss her as our visits to Mexico won’t be the same without her :frowning:

I want to send everyone hugs and good vibes no matter what your situation is.
:sunny:

Take care everyone and happy weekend/Candian Holiday.

3 Likes

I’m sorry for the loss of your, grandmother. That’s especially difficult in a small family, I imagine. Your mother’s health issues must be an added challenge. You sound like a lovely daughter and are a valued forum member. :slight_smile: I remember seeing your selfie on this site; you’re so beautiful. Please don’t be ashamed. Congratulations again on your math and volunteer work! Happy Columbus weekend! Thanks for remembering Canadian Thanksgiving.

PS. RE: Having a good holiday - I’ve heard that starting traditions can be a good thing. Maybe there is a small tradition that you can start this year with your mother. Something like taking a picture together in the same spot each year, for example.

PPS The expensive roast beef and corn tortillas sounds delicious and like a potential tradition. :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Hi Tomasina thankyou for your kind response! Your posts always brighten up my day, I’m very glad you joined the forum! and thank you for the compliment. The tradition sounds like a good idea actually.
:blush:

1 Like

It’s always great to see you on the forums, @MissJennyJen. Thank you for your kind words. :hugs:

1 Like