How to get a better doc?

Just wondering how to change one

2 Likes

Your posts are always very vague. Whats wrong with current doc ?

1 Like

She is against meds

1 Like

I thought you were too.

1 Like

Not anymore. I realised they help me

1 Like

Well if she’s against meds I’m guessing you’re not on any meds. Maybe consult another doctor.

1 Like

I am on meds. She just wont prescribe different ones

1 Like

So she’s not against meds. She just doesn’t want to mess with what seems to be working as best as it could.

4 Likes

I guess you’re right

1 Like

Good job on listening to those with more experience in life than you @Crystal-Cotton . I know it’s hard for you. I’m proud of you. Now the key is to stick with this revelation and not start arguing with others about it. You can do it. I know you can.

In re needing different meds - because you are having these moments of clarity, I think you should stick with what you’re taking, and report anything that could be a positive or negative symptom when you see your dr next.

The best way to remember is to go to the notes section of your phone and make a note with the date and severity of each symptom. Then show the dr that note. Good luck!

1 Like

I feel like the meds don’t fully work regards to my paranoia

1 Like

They’re not a fix all solution yet

Good job recognizing it! So the same thing applies. Every time you feel more paranoid than you can handle, put it down in your notes. Say the date, time it begins and time it calms down a bit and how severe it was. Show the note at your next appointment. You got this!

1 Like

My doc sucks
My mom and the staff at here think the same too…

1 Like

In your country, can you switch drs if you don’t mix well with one or are you assigned one permanently?

Depends on where you live. Right now in Canada you’re stuck with the one you have unless there are exceptional circumstances. We have a severe doctor shortage.

1 Like

I guess u can switch docs

1 Like

Ok. Then try that. It’s worth a shot if you don’t trust your current pdoc.

BUT - just remember that you have paranoia, so if you see multiple pdocs and can’t trust any of them it’s most likely your paranoia and not the drs

All meds do is reduce hospitization rates, aside from that they aren’t guaranteed to help with anything else. It is solely your responsibility to get better and learn to live with the symptoms that the meds can’t treat. If you don’t you will be stuck at home forever. Go out into the world and do something, anything that will expose you to new people in real life. You will make new friends and be more independent. Once you take action you will feel more confident and less depressed from having a sense of control over your life. That doctor is right, meds are just there to make it A LITTLE BIT easier to get your life together.

2 Likes

@microware , @Crystal-Cotton is a minor who needs extra help right now. Please try not to discourage her from the help (meds, group home etc) she needs.

1 Like