How to freeze cooked chicken breasts then thaw

I’ve got a big pack of chicken breasts in the oven… I usually eat on them for days.

This time, though, I want to individually freeze the rest. Suggestions? I also need help thawing them, later.

Thanks so much! :blush:

I’d say to divide them in plastic wraps individually of course. Its always annoying to un freeze the whole chunk.

5 Likes

Thanks. I’m going to get them out of the oven. Yummy!

2 Likes

Hey lady! How are you doing???

1 Like

I’m eating chicken that’s yummy, honey. How are you?

1 Like

I’m okay. Haven’t been here much.

1 Like

I freeze them when I buy them. I simply put each breast in an individual zip lock quart freezer bag and stick them in the freezer and when I want to eat one then I just grab one and either thaw it on the counter or inside the refrigerator in a bowl.

I don’t see a problem with cooking them and then freezing them. Same thing, stick each individual cooked breast in a zip lock quart freezer bag and stick in the freezer. To thaw, some microwave ovens have a defrost function, you can try that. My mom always used to tell me to thaw meat inside the refrigerator, not on the counter. I think the reasoning was that thawing outside the refrigerator the meat thaws unevenly and some parts of the chunk of meat will thaw faster and you’ll end up with the thawed parts sitting longer in the air inviting those parts to spoil while you’re waiting for the rest to thaw and “catch up”.

The thawed parts sitting out longer and spoiling could make you get food poisoning. I don’t know if this reasoning is correct but this is what my mom told me and I’ve actually read other places that you should thaw meat inside the refrigerator. When you thaw inside the refrigerator leave the breast inside the bag and set it on a plate or in a bowl because I find that no matter how tight I close the zip lock bag, it still leaks juice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.