How to explain something no one understands

I’m offensive, but at least I’m not whack-a-doodle-do. Also trusted to be alone with other peoples’ kids. You, not so much I wager.

GO. GET. HELP.

10-96

Try not to be offended StarryNight, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I mostly agree with samples32 and partly with pixel in that you may need help. Without the intention to hurt your personal feelings it sounds to me as if you are entertaining the clouded thoughts you may be having due to the possibility that you have an illness such as schizophrenia and choosing to believe them as opposed to seeking to listen to others who have gone through similar experiences and thought patterns. Do not feel that everyone is attacking you, sometimes people just get a little frustrated. Pixel is only human, and i’m sure he/she didn’t originally reply to you in any of your posts with intentions of insulting you.

Ironic you say that as I’m a caretaker with a good reputation.

I already got help and you shouldn’t be a moderator.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion…pixel just attacked me personally saying that I shouldn’t be trusted with people’s kids.

You shouldn’t. You fail basic reality testing. Not someone you want in charge of minors.

10-96

You’ve had experiences very similar to mine. Eerily similar to mine actually. I swear depending on who we talk to we’re either crazy or spiritually gifted. Whatever.

I used to be really interested in occult things…ouija boards…seances…tarot cards, everything. Very, very bad idea. Those diehard Christians have a reason to be against it. All of it got me in a LOT of trouble. I ended up giving it all up, but I still have to face the consequences…please don’t play with fire…(though you seem to already be aware it’s causing you trouble…)

1 Like

You may have to be openminded enough to understand that making a statement like that on forum for sz pts – some of whom have come to grips with their mental operations, though not with their sense of threat when others mirror those states to them – may trigger some “hot” responses.

I have noticed that others react “hotly” when something I say or write is counter to beliefs they have that seem vital – even crucial – to them. I leave sleeping dogs alone when they’re fundamentalist Xtians or Islamics, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Scientologists and angry Lesbians. :wink:

A few more comments…

1. NOT being a mod would make coming here a lot more pleasant. It’s not a prestige thing, it’s a matter of obligation. As in those of us who have achieved a modicum of recovery from this condition have an obligation to serve as pathfinders for the poor buggers following behind. Would also be nice to not have to worry about the whackdoodle who posts pics of his large gun collection on Instagram and who likes to send subtly threatening PMs finding me and my family in real life to discuss my having to suspend the multiple accounts he was asked to stop creating. THAT is the joy of being a mod around here.

2. I am getting really tired of people who are emphatically “not schizophrenic” coming here to trade delusions with “schizophrenics” in this forum. The fact that your most compatible playmates can be found here should be rather indicative of certain issues in your life. If you’re not schizo, go hang around a forum for people who talk to the dead, rapist demons, occult peanut butter cookies, etc. Stop messing with people who understand that they are ill and who want to be less ill.

3. I’ve been dealing with Sz for over 20 years and I’ve met a lot of fellow travelers on this journey. The ones who admit they are ill, who are faithful about seeking treatment, who don’t play games with meds, who actively work towards recovery, and who push back against their symptoms, they have all made amazing gains. Every one of them. Many of them are working. I would say all of them have lives they can be proud of. I want to shake the hand of every Sz with this attitude.

4. The Szs who don’t get treated, who refuse meds, who play games with meds, who self-medicate, and who spend too much time exploring delusions when they should be fighting them… Rarely see this bunch get better. Seen a lot get worse and wind up permanently institutionalized. A few committed suicide the slow way through substance abuse or took the quick route with pills or a rope. It’s a bad road to be on. If I can’t discourage people from going this route, the least I can do is make it difficult for them to find a travel buddy on the highway to hell.

My 2 cents.

10-96

I’m inclined to agree (as I expect you already know). But I do understand Prochaska & DiClemente’s Five Stages of Recovery. So I have to make room (not always very well) for those who are still at Denial / Pre-Contemplation vs. Contemplation / Consideration, let alone Identification / Acceptance, Commitment / Action or Maintenance / Relapse Prevention.

I’m more of a 12 Steps of Recovery type. If you haven’t hit bottom, please do so and then come back and try Step 1 again. :stuck_out_tongue:

10-96

“I am getting really tired of people who are emphatically “not schizophrenic” coming here to trade delusions with “schizophrenics” in this forum. The fact that your most compatible playmates can be found here should be rather indicative of certain issues in your life. If you’re not schizo, go hang around a forum for people who talk to the dead, rapist demons, occult peanut butter cookies, etc. Stop messing with people who understand that they are ill and who want to be less ill.”

I was “schizophrenic” and I was undiagnosed this past year. Why is everyone attacking me?

Hello StarryNight

The item or pendent you wore is not possessed by demons. The triggered thoughts you have about the item came as a way to try and understand the attacks you had happening to you. You are not alone in your questioning of things that have happened in many lives. I believe in the paranormal and have paranormal things happening around me all the time. I hear voices 24/7 within my mind, I have made it a mission in my life to try and understand them and to find as many of them as possible as they find me all the time. Don’t let people try to change the way you think but always try to find answers about the things you have experienced to find your own truths about things.

Powessy