How to earn money as a 15yo?

There aren’t many jobs for people under 18 here.

At 15, earning money should not be a priority. You need to focus on your school and your health at that age.

2 Likes

i guess but i need money

1 Like

For what, though? Talk to your parents about doing chores and maybe babysitting or something.

2 Likes

Your parents can’t help you with money?
I started working at 14 y.o. Idk if you can in your country though.

3 Likes

Id be a horrible babysitter tbh

In my country they sometimes ask specifially for people 16 years or younger in supermarkets and grocerystores to help with stocking.

2 Likes

At 15 I took a job as an operator for an answering service. I worked nights. It was scary. But it paid good. And it was good experience. Maybe you could work for a call center right from your own home as a customer service representative helping people with problems on their accounts or orders and what not. You could do that for a few hours in the evening after you get your homework done instead of going on the computer.

1 Like

thats kind of funny because i dont really have homework, im allowed to self-study at home

1 Like

In Arkansas your working options are limited under 16 due to child labor laws.

2 Likes

I worked at soccer fields painting lines and picking up trash. If it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t have been able to work at 15. It was under the table

2 Likes

Yeah 15 you should be staying up late on weekends and talking to girls. Don’t worry about work yet. Unless you really need to but I’m not sure what the laws are like

Why not tutor math or get good at programming?

1 Like

That’s what I did at 14 y.o.

2 Likes

lol I am a girl and don’t bother staying up late but good one

those are good ideas I might do that

When I was 14, I got a job as a hostess. You could also work at the grocery store as a bagger, or getting the carts outside

1 Like

Stream on twitch/youtube or make a YouTube channel. Or yes as mentioned programming, you can learn python and other languages free from Microsoft learn and khan academy. I didn’t start work til 16, nothing wrong with working as a teen. Just take it easy and avoid burning out.

1 Like

I started work at 12, because labor laws in my country allow children to work in family businesses at age 12. I can’t say I recommend it as a course of action, though, because it was difficult to balance school and work. I ended up falling behind in my studies.

1 Like

I had a newspaper route at 12 and was an A&W car hop at 14.

1 Like