How to deal with people who are trying to hurt you, mostly mentally?

in the old days if you had an enemy who are trying to hurt you you would hurt them back but now we have laws so you don’t just go around hurting people back. what if a person who used to be your friend are your enemy now? you don’t want to hurt them because there is always a chance they might be your friend again in the future.

I cut them out of my life completely. I’ve done it a couple of times. Friends or family I dont care. If someone’s toxic then I’m not going to deal with them. Sure it makes me sad sometimes but at least I’m not being harmed.

but it’s not possible to cut people in your life, because i don’t know what’s out there and it can be again another one who is abusing you. I’ve seen a lot of stuff in my life and i have a general conclusion that everyone is abusive towards me. so i have to stay in the abusive relationship :(. i have nowhere to run. cops wont help me. hospitals are worse.

right. those that bullied me in jr. high, they became my best friends in high school, and I defended them to the death. We had to, we were in the same things in high school.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.