How to become a better forum member?

Ok so I mean this in the most respectful way possible but I feel like it’s gonna come out standoffish. What have I done that’s been disrespectful? Like I want to improve and not hurt anybody or make anyone feel bad. But tbh a couple people have said I’m rude and disrespectful but idk what I’ve done? I genuinely just don’t know and am very confused?

Below is a link to a brief description of the differences between a psychiatrist and psychologist in the United States. This may well be different in other countries.

Note that either a psychiatrist or a psychologist can diagnose mentally illnesses. Since medication is the treatment of choice for schizophrenia, typically treatment is guided by a psychiatrist.

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/psychologist-or-psychiatrist-which-for-you#1

“Because of their medical training, psychiatrists can prescribe medication – probably the most commonly known distinction between the two fields. But a few states allow psychologists to prescribe a limited number of psychiatric medications if they’ve taken a course in psychopharmacology.”

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/schizophrenia/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354449

“A psychiatrist experienced in treating schizophrenia usually guides treatment. The treatment team also may include a psychologist, social worker, psychiatric nurse and possibly a case manager to coordinate care. The full-team approach may be available in clinics with expertise in schizophrenia treatment.”

3 Likes

You come on pretty strong for someone with so many issues. Most schizophrenics aren’t like that. I wouldn’t push it too far. I’m understanding these days but show some respect to someone older than you. Seriously.

1 Like

Come on strong? How do you mean? I’d ask for an example cause I really just don’t know? I promise I mean no disrespect sir I really don’t I’m so sorry I just don’t understand please don’t be mad also I’m very sorry if this is annoying I just don’t know who to ask I’m sorry

@Noise, this conversation is an example. He tried to end it several replies ago, but you seem to be unable to walk away from a conversation without securing 100% approval.

2 Likes

Getting into an argument with another forum member on a “How to Become a Better Forum Member” thread is likely not going to be helpful in achieving the goal of becoming a better forum member. :thinking:

3 Likes

Oh he did? I’m sorry I didn’t know I didn’t mean anything by it I swear I just didn’t know I miss a lot of things I’m sorry

Who did I argue with? I’m confused I’m really sorry please don’t ban me again I’m trying to be better I swear

I love you @Noise.

4 Likes

Sometimes you gotta know when to take a deep breath and step away from the thread.

3 Likes

That is a magnificently fluffy cat I want to pet it omg

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.