How to be more confident?

My confidence is gossamer thin. With a lot of things I expect to fail,and fail miserably. If I do well at something I’m pleased for a short while, but it’s soon followed by ‘I did well because most people can do well at it’.

2 Likes

Yes for sure. I’m getting a bit more comfortable with the phones at work. I’ve blanked out a few times lol. So I make sure to write down a few key things so I have a gameplan

2 Likes

Comparing yourself to others is a great way to be miserable. I prefer to compare my current progress to my past progress.

:blush:

2 Likes

That’s a good point… I do think with the ’ I only do well’ bit that to some extent a TOM deficit may be involved. Having said that it doesn’t work that way if I’m crap at something.

Ir recently did very well on a test and my reaction followed the usual pattern. The questions for the most part seemed easy to me,and it was hard to entertain the possibility that others might think differently. I’m not the best at it, but as things stand my scores are to the far right end of the bell curve. The worst raw score is less than a 1/3 of mine.I never entertained the possibility someone could score so low.

Serotonin plays larger role here than dopamine.
I miss kind of person I had become while on just two ADs and no other meds.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.