How to be honest?

How do I start being honest to the people giving me the meds ?

1 Like

Take a deep breath, remember that you’re not there to make them feel better about the job they are doing, you’re not there to fit in, you’re there to get better. You can’t get better if you’re not willing to show them how you’re broken. Get out of that place where you’ve taught yourself to act as if everything is fine and show them you’re not. Just take a deep breath and start to let it out. You’ll be amazed how it will flow out of you once you start. I had the same problem for years. I still catch myself wanting to act like I’m fine because that’s what we do all day, everyday, right? But you have to just drop the act and let them see what you’re dealing with on a daily basis. It’s ok too to tell them that you are used to acting like nothing’s wrong and have a hard time letting the real you come out. I’m sure this happens to a lot of us and they are probably used to seeing it. But just remember they can’t fix what they don’t see is broken. Good luck. Sorry I rambled, I’m having a hard time focusing.

3 Likes

First you must be honest with yourself

1 Like

At first I was real quiet. I decided that I needed help so I started talking to my doctor. That was when I started to get the help I needed.-

1 Like

Simply don’t tell any lies and don’t exaggerate the truth.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.