How the heck did I get here?

I was a working woman. I had a job. I was ambitious. I was intelligent. Now I’m none of those things.

5 Likes

You’re still intelligent and capable.

5 Likes

I was a teenage aspiring astronomer
I was a passionate artist and poet
I was aiming to become a nun

Now I’m demotivated and useless. Struggling thru the mud and fog

2 Likes

I agree. You come across as very intelligent and capable. Don’t sell yourself short.

5 Likes

You can rebuild your life. I’m trying to. I’m never giving in to the illness. Don’t let it win.

6 Likes

You are definitely still ambitious and intelligent. Its easy to tell from how you speak. Also don’t feel bad about not working. You seem like a great mom and that is more than many people, neurotypical or not, can handle.

2 Likes

I work and have the best life I can for what I’m dealing with, but I work for myself and only have to move at my own speed

1 Like

Thanks all.

2 Likes

At least there’s still the simple pleasures in life :blush:

2 Likes

You should watch Girl with the Pearl Earring.

Read the book :blush:

1 Like

I also think you’re very intelligent and capable. You can still have a fulfilling life. Just don’t give up on yourself.

1 Like

Did you convert to Islam :star_and_crescent: from Catholicism?

Also I feel like I’m in a fog all the time too. Y’all probably don’t see it in my posts but it’s there.

1 Like

Yes I was Catholic for three years before coming to Islam

1 Like

Since highschool I can relate. I was a mess. I could get by and work and live life but I had some big problems that boiled under the surface.

Getting diagnosed was a great thing for me. Medications helped sort out my mad mind. I struggled for so long and I’d give it all these different names but the real culprit was waiting.

It’s not an easy thing. Sz is probably the worst thing to develop. If your young it hits you in your most fragile time. If your older. You’ve lived a life and lost a lot. There’s no great stories of redemption. There’s just those lucky enough to get some relief from the symptoms.

I’m soon to be 49! Like wtf! how did I get here!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.