How smart are you?

I don’t drink coffee to be smarter. I drink coffee to stay awake. Because I can’t sleep at night in my bed but fall asleep everywhere else lol. Yuck!

I secretly think I’m smart but actually am very dumb. Dunning-Kruger effect is strong in me.

2 Likes

Im like a seven

Coffee makes me anxious,
It used to make me feel like I can think again (the meds hit my cognition hard) but it doesn’t do it anymore.
I used to be gifted at some things like programming, maths and philosophy, now I don’t have the motivation to theorize nor the ability to think clearly (I blame the meds for it) so it feels like my potential got wasted.

1 Like

I think I’m pretty smart. My cat used to disagree.

1 Like

Depends on who you ask.

And there I think is the problem with the conception of what people call “smart”.

It’s like people’s gross misuse of the word Genius.

This is my definition of the real characteristic of genius:

“Wow! Your ability to solve that puzzle is astounding!”
“Genius? For solving a puzzle?”
“Yes, your problem-solving ability is amazing!”
“Oh. We have a problem with that term ‘problem solving’ it seems…”
“What do you mean?”
“Well solving that arbitrary meaningless puzzle was actually not a problem.”
"…?"
“Right now there is all kinds of lies and corruption happening this moment. Those are actual problems. This puzzle was nothing more than a vain representation of the ego-intellects want to appear ‘smart’ to impress itself and others with something so banal and trivial.”

1 Like

lol…

I don’t know so therefor I like to try to understand my relevance otherwise.

I don’t correlate caffeine with anything but heightened focus… Chemically it doesn’t aid in cognition aside from when it amplifies a psuedo-serotenrgic effect which increases connection to memory.

That said I do have wildly confused contemplations of both intellectualism and egocentricism and how they correlate and manifest with in me…

The more important question is “Is it important to me to be smart?”

For me the answer is unfortunately yes and beyond that I am to dumb to answer why aside from having a heightened sense of empowerment and capacity to succeed… (also to have my own opinion outweigh others so I can quit contemplating them for a while.)

I’ll say a better thing to concern oneself with is am I good? Because that is both beneficial to the self and everyone else and is accessible to all.

1 Like

Smart enough not to be dumb and dumb enough not to be really smart.

2 Likes

Too smart for my own good. I’m not dumb enough but I’m working on it.

1 Like

My IQ is just average. I used to have an above average IQ. That was before sza.

1 Like