How sedating is prolixin 2.5? How was your experience?

I went today to the psychiatrist and they prescribed me prolixin.

I was on the injection. I went to bed early woke up early. So I’m not really sure. But I got intense akathesia on this med I required cogentin

1 Like

How many milligrams? Thanks for replying man.

I forget but it was in 2013 but I was on the injection for 3 months I think…i shouldn’t have taken it the 2nd or the 3rd time I should’ve switched because it caused me muscle weakness and weird derealization too. it was a rough time in my life. im like an abilify type person, all anti-psychotics have effected me positively but some less side-effects. hence abilify which tends to favor a low side-effect profile. prolixin I had trouble sitting still in the movie theaters and I got in a car accident when I didn’t take the Cogentin one time. they seemed to think the Cogentin was necessary and gave it to me at the beginning in the hospital…or maybe I complained of shaking. I couldn’t really tell you. They only gave it to me the last night I was leaving in the hospita by liquidl. and then they gave me an injection an hour before I left. they were abusive in a lot of ways. and they didn’t even test the med they just wanted to give me the cheapest injection they could. and I was optimistic to try it out because they said it could work but 3 months later I was happy to get off it. I hope it works for you though. I think @jukebox takes it?

1 Like

Wow, man thanks for sharing. I think they have to build your tolerance up before injection? If they didn’t they did a horrible deed. Well hopefully it works. Do you know if it made you hungry?

1 Like

Not too hungry if I remember

1 Like

Thank you @Jonnybegood. You been of a lot of help. Wish you well on your road to recovery.

1 Like

I have been on generic prolixin for ten years…I love it…I take 10 mg twice a day…

Is it sedating? Do you get munchies? I neve4 took it they are starting me om 2.5. Will it knock me out,

that is too low of a dose? I take a lot more than that…no side effects whatsoever for me.

the biggest plus about my generic prolixin is no sexual side effects which risperdal is notorious for…

1 Like

Thanks man! I appreciate your reply @jukebox.

1 Like