How rare is to be sz without hallucinations

I’ve never had them. Only paranoia and what they call negative symptoms

5 Likes

It’s not very rare. I am not sure about the percentage, but there are many cases like that.

A clinical psychologist I once saw told me that it is not necessary to have hallucinations to be diagnosed with schizophrenia.

3 Likes

I’m the exact same. I’ve never visually hallucinated or heard voices.

6 Likes

Am the same…
Never had hallucinations, neither voices, but a tough paranoia as you, negatives, anxiety, ocd and the shitty psychosomatization (its a disorder, which turns your mental symptoms into physical ones)… :frowning:
Its a lot too and very painful in fact…
Me too, i wonder how rare is to not have hallucinations and still have the dx of sz… :thinking: :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I had no hallucinations for the first 8 years. In those 8 years I wasn’t diagnosed.

1 Like

I don’t hallucinate. I just deal with paranoia and delusions.

1 Like

I read that 70% of schizophrenics hallucinate and 30% don’t.

2 Likes

Thanks, dear :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :hugs:
I dont forget you, fingolfin, heh…
But am still very paranoid and i try to have some life outside of the home now…
Yeah, its more rare from what i was guessing… My troubles come probably from my ill father too, his violence and total emotional abuse, anyway…
My current pdoc says, that now all my pains are mainly psychological and that for my case its like i have been amputated with a leg, so i should learn to live like that now…
Now i push and fight finally tbh, but it hurts everyday still, so am still sometimes on the couch, just smoking, not being able to do anything else… Lets hope still, God bless you all here!!!

2 Likes

Yep… me too. If never had any hallucinations just delusions and being super messed up🤷🏾‍♂️

1 Like

Don’t hallucinate here as far as I’m aware. I also don’t get intense paranoia. I mostly get delusions.

1 Like

What are your delusions…if you don’t mind me asking

1 Like

Me? I don’t have any currently. But when I was unwell one of them was I was born to save the world , be next queen of England who’s gonna go to India and save girls from being killed. It was pretty intense while it lasted. I really thought I was special :joy::sob:

Damn… that sucks

Your delusions are the polar opposite of mines but I think at the highest point and lowest point there’s some sort of intersection lol

1 Like

I wasn’t upset or anything when it happened… I had some superpower :joy: I laugh now though.

I need to get like you then lol

Freedom…sounds great

2 Likes

I had the same, negatives, delusions, autism, lack of thoughts, but never hallucinations.

1 Like

I didn’t have hallucinations until a couple years ago while sleeping. I got into conspiracy theories and called them REM consciousness transfer at cloning centers, but other than that, I haven’t had hallucinations. I’ve had delusions, negative symptoms, cognitive decline, and perceptual disturbances or visual illusions like flatness of space and decreased vision and change in detail, colors, brightness, detail, etc.

I’ve had schizophrenia since 2011 pretty much. I’m not perfect either. I’m no angel.

nice picture 15151515

1 Like

I don’t think you have schizophrenia. I think your life was interrupted, due to an impulsive event and should have been handled differently. Negative symptoms are usually caused by medication. I can understand the paranoia after everything that has happened.

1 Like