Schizophrenia.com

How quick are you to go for free stuff?

for example, someone is giving away something that is worth a decent amount of money that you would like to have, or a restaurant or store is having a special day where they have something for free

If it requires me physically going somewhere, I usually pass.

Agoraphobia is a blast (not.)

3 Likes

I love free stuff as long it isn’t useless junk.

3 Likes

That’s how I was almost charged with receiving stolen goods in my early 20s.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now a days, no, free things are rarely just that. A free app steals your info, a free fill up of gas for saying a promo on the radio and signing your rights away, a free dinner with the expectation of repayment that night.

I don’t trust free things

3 Likes

My dad will pick up almost any free ■■■■ on the side of the road. It’s true that the best things in life are free but I don’t see how a beat up fridge is gonna change anything.

3 Likes

I make a living on free stuff, I also watch the free sections

2 Likes

We have a give away weekend where everyone puts stuff that’s not junk but something you don’t want anymore and people can go pick it up.

2 Likes

i like free stuff, i get a lot of free stuff at my clubhouse like left over meals and books (i made a small library upstairs) and i cleared out a lot of books recently so i had a big book giveaway but most of the books will be donated, my library is free to borrow too,

actually the clubhouse is really cool bc i dont have to pay to go there so that is a free service they provide, i recently did a short course in broadcasting and i didnt have to pay bc i am on benefits,

i like the barter system more i think, basically you scratch my back and i’ll scratch yours type thing, its a good policy and you use your better judgement when it comes to value, some things are priceless as well but that is different, thats more of a good feeling you get in your heart.

2 Likes

i had one of the big old tv’s for years that me and a friend found on the side of a road and used skateboards to roll to house

1 Like

it wasnt free but earlier this year i bought a keyboard for 100 dollars that sells for $600 plus used everywhere, it was in perfect condition but old and dirty, also it weighed 80 pounds, i cleaned it up and sold it to a store for $250, i could have got much more for it because music stores are the biggest low ballers in existance but i didnt want to be bothered with finding someone to buy it, still $150 profit is pretty nice

1 Like

TANSTAAFL.

Free is never free, someone has to pay sooner or later.

1 Like

Yeah, the last thing I got for free was schizophrenia. Now I’ve been paying for it for the past 39 years.

2 Likes

When I was living on skid row in Tulsa every time I turned around someone was handing me a sandwich. I’ll go after a lot of things if they’re free. I also like super cheap stuff. I bought three very good knit shirts for a dollar a piece not too long ago. I’m always looking for good deals on shoes. I kinda’ like living this way.

1 Like

My family is crazy about free stuff so whenever the moment arises they rush and fight towards the goal. I just sit there in embarrassment but I’m pretty sure that if it interested me I would do the same.

1 Like

Ive picked up a coffee table that was left outside for free. And also a couple of chairs. Usually when someone moves out in the council estate here - you will find the odd gem left out the front.

I draw the line at beds and soft furnishings tho - i have a fear of being infested with bed bugs again.

1 Like

Ya, I like Costco.

1 Like