How people feel coffee and cigar?

How people feel coffee and cigar effect with meds? Its still make some effect?

Cigarettes I smoke a lot and it doesn’t diminish the effects of my meds! Coffee I drink a lot as well and I notice when I really get up there I talk to myself more but it doesn’t make me go crazy or anything

I was told cigs diminish the effect of meds. meaning if you smoke you may need a slightly higher dose. I use to smoke but quit a long time ago.

I drink one cup of coffee a day and it hasn’t affected me.

Schizophrenics self medicate with cigarettes. I do too but I smoke an incredible amount and I don’t notice the meds being weaker. Coffee yes though

I told the docs I was tired all the time. They kept saying, “I dunno”. Finally, one doctor told me, “Well, you take enough meds to sedate a horse.”

They told me I was taking so much medication because I smoked. Therefore, when I stopped smoking, I thought the dosages would go down.

I stopped smoking six plus years ago. I still take the same amount of meds, however. Fatigue is still a problem.

The doctors suck. Would I rather go to a witchdoctor? I don’t think so.

1 Like

I take both, and it’s said to increase the dopamine transmit, so I feel a bit unlocked from the fair amount of dosage of my medication. I don’t know if it’s only the dopamine effect, but I do feel better with caffeine and nicotine. I think they’re better than alcohol because alcohol has much more effect on dopamine which can ruin the balance of neurotransmitters heavily.

I mean how we feel some better when dopamine rescptoers blocked?

I been told the same, don’t know if I should believe them. It makes little difference in my body I find… I think every doctor has a negative view on smoking anyway, so I don’t know if that has anything to do with their perception of smoking on mental illness… Anyway congrats on quitting!

1 Like

My 1 or 2 coffees a day don’t upset my meds. Can’t speak to cigars, quit those many moons ago.

I dont have any problem with 3 cups of coffee and 12 cigars i just not loving the taste of them too much as before meda thats my only problem now

That is … prodigious! I bow to you.

Ä° really interested with cuban cigar but i never experienced it.i want to buy 4000 dollars one.i really want to experience good quality cuban cigar before i die.i dont smoke by the way.

Cigar is somehow different then cigarettes cigar only use in mouth because its has no filter but cigarettes is to your chest i use mini cigar with filter on my chest i was also smoking the large size on chest also but thats wrong and dont anyone esay can smoke large cigars too much on his chest

1 Like

Thank you for acknowledging my quit. I’ve saved a lot of money as well as adding months on my life!

1 Like

Well I smoke 60 high quality cigarettes a day and drink 4 cans of coffee a day. I don’t drink alcohol or do drugs and I eat very little and cheap. I use all of my disability on cigs and coffee and I don’t feel worse but when I dropped laxertives lately my mental state improved a lot.

i used to do coffee and cigars. they were lovely. i switched back to a pipe because it is economical and oh so much more pleasurable.

don’t know about it’s effect on medication. not too worried about it i can reality check.

@columbus , why do you insist on constantly bringing up ancient threads? You know our policy on this and have received our “canned reply” many many many times. But here it is again:

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator

1 Like